Learn Key Skills to Influence Business Decision-Making
Get to Know Our Bachelor's in Business Administration
When you partner with DeVry to earn your Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, you’ll study core concepts used by Fortune 500 companies, taught by our faculty of knowledgeable professors. This includes experiential projects in accounting, marketing, project management, human resources and more. Plus, to help you prepare for the interconnected workplaces and business markets of tomorrow, your general studies may include communications, humanities, mathematics and social sciences.
- Join a growing field: Career opportunities, on a national level, in business and financial operations are projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations, with about 476,200 new jobs through 2029.1
- Feel confident: DeVry’s Bachelor’s of Business Administration degree has achieved voluntary accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org), demonstrating that it meets standards of business education that promote teaching excellence.
- Learn from experienced professors: DeVry’s faculty teach real-world skills and experiences in business that are applicable to today’s workplace.
Classes Start Every 8 Weeks
Earn your Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in as little as 2 years + 8 months*—or even more quickly with qualifying transfer credits.
*Not including breaks. Assumes year-round, full-time enrollment.
Business Administration Specializations
With business and financial operations career opportunities, on a national level, projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 20291. Graduates of DeVry’s Bachelor’s in Business Administration may explore careers such as:
General and Operations Manager
Administrative Services Manager
Industrial Production Management
Social and Community Service Manager
Bachelor’s in Business Administration Courses
DeVry University's Business Administration degree program can help you develop a strong foundation in core business concepts. Our on campus and online Business Administration degree program is designed to produce graduates who are able to communicate effectively, develop leadership and decision-making skills, demonstrate teamwork with diverse populations, and use real-world applications to solve business problems. The following represents the core and general degree coursework our business administration students will experience.
Core Degree Courses
|BIS155||Data Analysis with Spreadsheets with Lab|
|BUSN115||Introduction to Business and Technology|
|COMP100||Computer Applications for Business with Lab|
|MGMT303||Principles of Management|
Finance and Management
|BIS245||Database Essentials for Business with Lab|
|ECON312||Principles of Economics|
|CIS115||Logic and Design|
|MGMT408||Management of Technology Resources|
|SEC310||Principles and Theory of Security Management|
General Degree Courses
|LAS432||Technology, Society, and Culture|
|ETHC334||Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace|
|ETHC445||Principles of Ethics|
|HUMN303||Introduction to the Humanities|
|LAWS3107||The Legal Environment|
|SOCS185||Culture and Society|
|SOCS350||Cultural Diversity in the Professions|
Mathematics and Natural Sciences
|MATH114||Algebra for College Students|
|MATH221||Statistics for Decision-Making|
|SCI2288||Nutrition, Health and Wellness with Lab|
Personal and Professional Development
|COLL148||Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving|
How to Earn Your Business Administration Degree Online
Follow these steps to pursue your online business administration degree:
- Request information. You’ll then be contacted by an admissions representative so we can get to know you and your education goals.
- Submit your application and complete the admissions process. We’ll help you evaluate your transfer credits and develop a financing plan.
- Create your schedule. At DeVry, classes start every eight weeks, which means you can start classes when it works best for you.
- Complete your online classes. You’ll access each course through our convenient online platform. There, you’ll engage with lectures, take part in discussions and complete assignments.
Skills You Can Gain in the Business Administration Degree Program
At DeVry, the core courses in your business administration degree program will help teach you foundational business skills. These can include:
- Accounting: Learn to analyze financial statements and accounting information to make decisions.
- Business Strategy: Prepare to navigate the modern global world of business by reviewing relevant case studies. Develop skills for critical thinking, decision-making and leadership.
- Economics: Prepare for the real world of economics by learning about strategic planning, management and analytics.
- Finance: Learn the basics of corporate finance and use software to analyze and solve real-world business concerns.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Develop leadership and teamwork skills as you practice business decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Management: Develop your managerial skills and learn the basics of managerial theories and responsibilities. Explore the crucial areas of human resources, planning, organizing, business communication and directing.
- Marketing: Expand your marketing skillset and keep up with the latest trends by studying subjects like forecasting and selling as well as how marketing and operations intersect.
- Statistics: Learn research and evaluation techniques to help you analyze data and make informed decisions.
How to Choose a Bachelor’s in Business Administration Degree Program
Is the school accredited? Accreditation shows that the institution has met strict quality standards. For instance, DeVry University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), www.hlcommission.org.
In addition, specialized accreditation is granted to schools that meet high standards in business education. Some of DeVry’s programs (including our Bachelor’s in Business Administration) have received additional accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Your education must fit your budget. Work with your school to determine costs and what financial assistance is available to you. Financial aid teams can help evaluate your eligibility for student loans, scholarships and grants.
Being on campus regularly isn’t always a convenient option. Many schools offer online and hybrid learning options. These allow you to fit your education into your life by giving you the choice to complete your degree online or with a mix of online and on-campus learning.
At DeVry, graduates of our Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration must complete at least 124 credit hours. This can be done in as little as 2 years and 8 months.9
You can suit your degree to your professional goals by choosing a concentration. You can specialize in areas including:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Health Services Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship
Enrolling in a bachelor’s degree in business administration program typically requires a high school diploma or the equivalent. Your school may have other prerequisites as well. For example, at DeVry we require an interview with an admissions representative. You'll also need to complete an admissions application and various steps as part of the enrollment process.
Benefits of a Business Administration Degree
As with any industry, the benefits of a business administration degree will vary depending on your individual skillset, professional background and personal goals. Here are some of the potential benefits of working in business administration:
- Opportunities are on the rise – The Bureau of Labor Statistics, projects 476,200 new jobs in the areas of business and financial operations between 2019 and 2029.1
- Work in a variety of industries – Effective business skills are needed for a variety of roles in nearly all organizations and industries.
- Hone your leadership skills – Understanding how businesses operate and various functions intersect can help prepare you to work within or lead cross-functional teams.
- Gain well-rounded knowledge – Business professionals often maintain a well-rounded knowledge base in many areas of business from accounting and finance to project management and technology trends.
- Pave your own path – With so many potential paths you can take, a business administration degree can help you carve out a future that aligns with your individual goals.
FAQs: Business Administration
What is the difference between a Business Management degree and a Business Administration degree?
While both degrees offer core courses in topics ranging from economics to finance to marketing, their overall focuses are different. Business management emphasizes management, planning and organizing while business administration allows you to specialize in an area of day-to-day business operation.
Business management concentrates on organizational operations and processes. It focuses on how to oversee a business department's day-to-day operations. That means you’ll learn skills like how to market a business, manage staff and processes and develop growth strategies.
Business administration emphasizes the responsibilities of specific roles within an organization. It helps you prepare to pursue a career in a particular department in business—such as accounting, marketing or economics.
What business degree specializations can I choose from?
At DeVry, students in our business administration degree program can choose from the following specializations:
How can I earn my bachelor's degree in business administration online?
You can apply for admission to our online business administration degree program on our website or by requesting information and speaking to one of our representatives. Once enrolled, you’ll complete your coursework through our convenient online class portal. Learn more about how online education works.
How long will it take for me to earn my business administration degree?
Generally, you can earn your Bachelor's in Business Administration in as few as 2 years and 8 months9, potentially sooner with qualifying transfer credits.
Is a business administration degree a BA or BS?
At DeVry, our Bachelor’s in Business Administration is a bachelor’s of science (BS) degree.
What can you do with a bachelor's degree in business administration?
There are many career options that you can pursue with a degree in business administration. Some potential career paths include operations manager, sales manager, management analyst or financial analyst.
Learn more about why a business administration degree can be worth the investment.