Women+Tech Scholars Program Benefits
Being a part of the Women+Tech Scholars Program is more than just an accomplishment you add to your resume. It’s a community of like-minded women just like you – eager and determined to achieve their goals.
In the Women+Tech Scholars Program, eligible undergraduate students can:
Classes Start Every 8 Weeks
A Scholars Program That Grows with You
Empower yourself with an approach designed* to help you learn new skills, network with fellow professionals and stay motivated.
Level 1: Scholar (1st Term)
Member support that begins on your very first day of class, including:
- Proactive engagement and program introductions from your student support team
- One-on-one resume building and LinkedIn profile tips from your designated Career Advisor
Level 2: Advocate (Year 1)
Gain valuable insights and build your connections with:
- Quarterly mentorship activities and bi-annual mentorship meetings
- Monthly discussions with peers and leaders
- Ongoing job and internship opportunity recommendations
- Automatic enrollment by DeVry into a CompTIA Basic Student membership
- Access to industry insights, whitepapers and more from key faculty leaders
- Annual Women+Tech Scholars Program meeting
Level 3: Leader (Year 2+)
Level 3 members receive all Level 2 benefits, plus:
- Access to our Keller Leadership Series3: The complimentary Keller Leadership Series is designed to equip the Tech Scholar with relevant leadership skills and knowledge through a self-directed study of leadership resources, leadership development activities, insights from leaders in industry and leadership coaching from an assigned mentor.
The series has three areas of focus, leading yourself, leading your team and leading the business, which collectively is designed to be completed in an eight-week session as a co-curricular activity in addition to standard academic coursework. Upon completion of the Leadership Series, students will be awarded the Keller Leadership Badge, which can be displayed on the LinkedIn profile.
- Ability to take advantage of additional leadership development tools, such as exclusive access to the Tech Scholars Library page where Tech Scholars can review leadership reading lists and articles, download recommended Leadership videos, TED Talks and other resources. Additionally, as Tech Scholars complete the individual Percipio courses within the leadership series, training badges can be unlocked and displayed on the student’s LinkedIn profile.
- Eligibility for up to $200 in reimbursement assistance (per certification) for a maximum of 2 earned professional certifications per academic year2.
Scholars Program Eligibility & Enrollment
The Women+Tech Scholars Program is open to new undergraduate students beginning their studies in the May 2021 session or after. The first program cohort will begin on May 3, 2021.
All undergraduate students who identify as female enrolled in an eligible tech program in the College of Engineering and Information Sciences (EIS)4 will automatically be enrolled in the Women+Tech Scholars Program. To retain your membership after your first year, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment with a minimum 2.5 CGPA
- Complete at least 1 Women+Tech program activity during 3 months prior to your annual membership renewal date
Up to $1,500 per Semester Scholarship for Women in Tech
We believe in the value that women can bring to the digital industry – and financial hurdles should be the last thing to stand in your way. That’s why we want to help you launch or invigorate your career in tech with financial support designed especially for you.
Bridging the Gap, Today and Tomorrow
At DeVry University, our legacy is rooted in innovation, thought leadership and the simple belief that the right education can help you change the world. From our first class in 1931 to today, the goal has remained the same: deliver tech-infused programs driven by hands-on learning, with current and future market trends in mind.
Whether you’re a working parent, making a career change or about to become the first member of your family to attend college, we’re here for you. Connect with us to see how we can help you take the next step toward your future in tech.
Classes Start Every 8 Weeks
DeVry Blog: Stories from Women in Tech
Read about women taking their first step or relaunching their career in the tech industry.
Industry Insights3 min read
The Importance of Women in the Tech Industry
March 17, 2021
Learn about some of the many ways women in the tech industry can add value to the industry as a whole and to the companies who employ them.Read more
DeVry Updates5 min read
Technical Skills for Today’s Job Market: Cloud Computing and IoT
March 8, 2021
As technical skills become more in-demand, DeVry prepares students to pursue their goals with certificates in Cloud Computing and the Internet of Things (IoT).Read more
Student and Alumni Stories7 min read
5 Career Tips for Women in Technology from Alum Blanca Leon-Carter
November 9, 2020
Interested in the tech field but not sure where to start? DeVry alum Blanca Leon-Carter shares 5 career tips for women in technology.Read more
*Benefit examples may include these offerings but are subject to change.
1National Science Board, State of U.S. Science and Engineering, 2020: Women & Underrepresented Minorities
2Excludes any certifications DeVry already provides financial assistance for via current programs.
2This leadership series is non-credit bearing and is completed outside of the normal academic studies. The series is avocational and does not lead to employment.
3Excludes any certifications DeVry already provides financial assistance for via current programs.
4Qualifying degree and certificate programs include: associate degree programs in Engineering Technology, Information Technology and Networking or Network Systems Administration; bachelor’s degree programs in Computer Information Systems, Engineering Technology, Information Technology and Networking, Network and Communications Management or Software Development; and certificate programs in Cyber Security, Data Mining and Analytics, Software Design and Solutions, Web Mobile Application Development, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Information Technology Essentials, Networking Essentials or Programming Essentials.
5For complete details on the Women+Tech Scholarship, visit our Scholarships page.