Online Classes – and How They Work
At DeVry and Keller, we offer online classes to help you achieve your education and pursue your professional goals in a way that fits your schedule. Whether you’re taking classes while working full-time, raising a family or serving in the military, we offer the solutions you need to learn anywhere, anytime.
Classes Start Every 8 Weeks
You’re never too busy to achieve your goals. Our online classes meet you where you are—home, work or on-the-go. Learn more about our flexible options.
Why Take Online Classes?
When you enroll in online classes at DeVry, you’ll be part of an engaged community of fellow students and professors who challenge and support you.
Flexibility and Convenience
Your career-focused online degree program can be built around your schedule so you can complete your degree on your timeline.
Save Time and Gas Money
You no longer have to worry about commuting to and from class. Take online classes at home, in your office or wherever is most convenient for you and skip the commute and additional gas expense.
Access a Variety of Resources:
At DeVry, you'll have a team working with you to help you move past whatever obstacles may stand in your way. While you may be taking online classes from home, both your professors and academic advisors are committed to your success. As you work toward earning your degree, these individuals can help provide you with the support you need.
- Student Services can answer your questions about resources and how to access them.
- Academic Advisors are available via phone and email to help you navigate your academic career, develop a plan of study, assist you in selecting your online classes, act as a resource and advocate for you and more.
- Student Technical Help Desk support is available 24/7 to assist you in accessing the online learning platform and course technologies.
- Student Finance Team helps students understand options that may be available to help them pay for their education and developing a financial plan that suits the individual's needs.
If you live near a DeVry University location, you may also have the option to enroll in our hybrid format and take some classes on campus.
How to Succeed in Your Online Classes
Be Prepared with the Right Tools
You can participate in classes, discussions and complete coursework online utilizing a number of different devices including tablets, smartphones as well as desktop and laptop computers.
Read your course materials, your FAQs, your how-tos and online discussions.
Manage Your Time Effectively
Even though you won't be expected to sit in a physical classroom, make it a priority to schedule time to complete your coursework — whether that's interacting with your professor and class online or studying independently.
Use the Tools Provided
We provide multiple tools to help support you while you pursue your online degree. Take advantage of those resources, especially the team of dedicated Student Support Advisors who are here to guide you and answer any questions you may have.
Take Advantage of Tutoring When Needed
You can schedule one-on-one sessions with our professional tutors online and submit papers for review through TutorSource. If you’re struggling in a class — or if you just want some extra help— take advantage of this online resource.
By combining these practices and DeVry University's focus on our students, you'll have access to the tools you need to pursue your educational goals.
DeVry Blog: Tips for Busy Students
Going back to school is an exciting step towards achieving your goals. Explore our blog to learn more about online education, hear tips straight from students and help prepare yourself to pursue your educational goals.
Work-Life-School4 min read
5 Tips for Going Back to School as a Working Adult
May 7, 2020
Interested in going back to school? It’s never too late to start. Here are some of our best tips for enhancing your education in adulthood.Read more
Work-Life-School5 min read
How To Be Successful in Online Classes During COVID-19
March 17, 2020
Whether you're enrolled in an online program or have shifted to online learning due to coronavirus, here are some tips on how to be successful in online classes.Read more
Industry Insights5 min read
Why College is Important – And Can Help You Reach Your Goals – In 2020
February 6, 2020
Wondering why college is important? From elevating your skillset to getting a leg up on the competition, here’s why a college degree still matters in 2020.Read more
Take the Next Step
Questions on what it's like to be an online student? We've got answers!
Minimum System Requirements for Online Classes
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 8x, and Windows 7 are supported. Please note Windows RT and Windows RT 8.1 are not supported. Users on Windows 10 need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments).
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and higher is supported for most online course materials, but there may be applications that require a supported Windows Operating System. Therefore, please be prepared to run a virtual machine environment such as Parallels desktop, vmWare Fusion, Oracle VirtualBox or use BootCamp with an installed and supported Windows Operating System (as mentioned above) if you elect to use a Mac computer.
Supported Internet Browsers:
Internet Browser Settings:
Minimum Hardware Specifications for Online Classes
Minimum PC Specs for Business and Management:
Additional requirements for all electronics students taking online coursework:
Additional Information and Recommendations
Computer and Internet Security:
- Your screen resolution (size) should be set at minimum to 1024 x 768 or higher. Students using Netbook computers or computers unable to meet the minimum requirements for screen settings may require the use of an additional monitor capable of displaying the supported resolution.
Have additional questions about our online learning technical requirements? Request more information or call 866-338-7934 and a member of our team will be glad to help.
All students enrolled in site-based programs will be required to take some online classes and, for some programs and locations, a substantial portion of the program may be required to be completed online.
1http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Future_of_Jobs_2018.pdf - page 12.
2Each student is allotted 13 hours of tutoring per academic session through www.Tutor.com (available 24/7). Additional tutoring services are also available through www.DeVryTutors.com.