How Do Online Classes Work?
At DeVry University, we make resources available to both on campus and online learners, such as a virtual library and academic support and advice. The best way, though, to know if enrolling at DeVry online is right for you is to understand what students experience when they attend online classes everyday.
Explore Online Courses
How Online Classes Work
Online classes at DeVry University are designed to give you the tools to help you succeed. We make class information and materials available to you a week before classes even start. Every online class is created based on a syllabus and presented online using an ordered, easy-to-follow framework.
Each week's assignments, topics and discussions are contained on a tab specific to the week in which they were assigned. You can access any week from the DeVry University online learning platform. As each online course progresses, you have access to course materials, instructor lectures and chats.
One of the most important parts of being successful while taking online courses is actively working with your peers. That's why all of our web-based classes feature robust discussions threads and chat features. Classes may include group projects where students reach out to one another via email and chat to complete group assignments together.
And the dialogue and interaction extends beyond your classmates; Professors are actively involved in online class discussions and available to answer questions through phone and email. Read more about the successful professionals that make up our online faculty.
Access the Tools You Need to Shape Your Future
Another way to learn about online classes at DeVry University is to discover the breadth and power of the tools and resources we make available to help you achieve success.
- Detailed materials for all your online courses
- DeVry University's virtual library
- Email with instructors and students
- Online document sharing and dropbox for assignments
- Web-based study tools and learning media with visual demonstrations
- Tutoring is available to all students as an online resource, giving you access in real time to tutors who can help you with assignments and answer questions
- Study notes
- Live lectures scheduled and recorded every week in selected courses, based on student feedback
Interested in learning more about how to get started with online classes? Request More Information or call 866-338-7934.