By DeVry University
If you're busy with family and work obligations but want to advance your education, then you've probably wondered how you can earn an associate degree online quickly. The good news is that an associate degree can typically be earned in a relatively short amount of time.
In this article, we’ll talk about how to earn an associate degree online fast as we answer the following questions (jump to):
How Long Does It Take to Earn an Associate Degree?
At many schools, it takes around two years to earn an associate degree online or in-person. At DeVry, however, you can earn an associate degree in as little as 1 year and 4 months1—or even more quickly with qualifying transfer credits. You may have the opportunity to earn an associate degree more quickly if you have qualifying transfer credits.
Associate Degree Programs That Can be Earned Online Quickly
At DeVry, many of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 1 year and 4 months1. One exception is our Associate Degree in Network Systems Administration, which can be earned in as little as 1 year and 8 months1.
Here is a quick overview of our online associate degree programs that can be completed in as little as 16 months1:
- Associate Degree in Business: Develop your business skills through hands-on learning opportunities that simulate real business environments. Work to develop leadership, management and budgeting skills.
- Associate in Engineering Technology: Learn about the measurement and implementation of secured digital systems and devices and build a strong foundation in tech that can be applied to real world scenarios.
- Associate in Engineering Technology – Machine Learning and Design Techniques Specialization: Explore subjects related to the creation and function of machines and how to add machine learning into the design of devices.
- Associate in Engineering Technology – Medical Technology and Healthcare Systems Specialization: Learn the uses of technology within a healthcare setting and how technology experts play a key role in healthcare as you work to develop your tech skills.
- Associate in Engineering Technology – Renewable Energy and Sustainable Power Specialization: Build your understanding of sustainable energy-generating technologies such as wind farms and hydroelectric dams.
Associate in Information Technology and Networking: Build a strong foundation in information technology (IT) and grow your understanding of its uses in a business setting.
- Associate in Information Technology and Networking – Network Systems Administration Specialization: Focus on the applications and management of network systems as you learn how to build efficient, secure networks.
- Associate in Information Technology and Networking – Automation and Electronic Systems Specialization: Learn how to implement automation into the electronic systems used by manufacturers to increase efficiency.
- Associate in Information Technology and Networking – Information Systems and Programming Specialization: Learn how programming plays an essential role in information systems by exploring programming language basics and developing IT knowledge that applies to business settings.
- Associate Degree in Health Information Technology: Find out how to apply information technology skills within a healthcare setting. Work on building your IT knowledge and comprehension of how those skills facilitate healthcare.
What are the Benefits to Earning an Associate Degree Quickly?
Earning an associate degree quickly can help you add a credential to your resume faster than you may be able to if you pursued a bachelor's degree, for example.
In some instances, an associate degree can also help you on your quest toward earning a higher-level degree. At DeVry, for example, some of our associate degree programs stack toward a bachelor's degree program in a related field. This means that you can apply the credits you’ve already earned during your associate degree program toward a related bachelor's degree at DeVry2, allowing you to earn your bachelor's faster than if you were starting the program anew.
Earn Your Associate Degree at DeVry
If you want to earn an associate degree quickly, consider exploring our associate degree programs at DeVry. Many of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 16 months1 and classes start every 8 weeks.
Get Empowering Stories and Insights to Reach Your Education, Career and Life Goals.
1Not including breaks. Assumes year-round, full-time enrollment.
2At the time of application to the next credential level, an evaluation of qualifying transfer credit will occur and the most beneficial outcome will be applied.