By DeVry University
Chances are, you’ve heard of us before. Whether you’ve seen an ad, have a friend or family member who is an alumni or spotted one of our campus locations, the signs of our long-standing institution are apparent nationwide. But how much do you really know about DeVry University?
If you’re interested in going back to school and wondering “why choose DeVry”, take a look at these 12 interesting facts you may not have known before. From our flexible learning options and wide array of programs to our suite of student support resources, you just might be surprised by all the things we have to offer.
1. We Were Established in 1931
Did you know that DeVry dates back 85+ years? Our founder, Dr. Herman DeVry, identified a need for tech-empowered, career-focused education and established DeVry on the belief that visual learning would not only advance education – but change the world. We strive to continue his mission today by delivering hands-on learning that elevates our students and positively impacts the companies that employ them.
2. We’ve Been Teaching Online Classes for 20+ Years
Although recent events have left many educational institutions scrambling for solutions, we’re no strangers to online learning. Over the years, we’ve dedicated countless hours to developing tools, resources and a personalized teaching approach that helps students thrive in a virtual education environment.
3. We're Awarding More than $45 Million in Student Financial Assistance
We understand that financing your education is a big commitment, and we’re here to help. That’s why we’ve committed more than $45 million in student financial assistance1 during the 2019-2020 award year through partner tuition savings, institutional scholarships and university grants. Your Student Support Advisor will help you develop a customized tuition and financing plan along with any qualifying transfer credits that you may have.
4. Career Services Are Available to Every Student and Alumni
You don’t need to wait until graduation to start achieving your professional goals. Career services resources – such as certified career coaches and resume writers2, networking opportunities and internship and job leads – are included in the cost of your tuition and accessible the moment you begin your first course.
5. Support is Always Within Reach
We offer an array of tools and resources to help you get the support you need, when you need it. Here are just a few of the ways we help our students achieve their goals:
- 24/7 On-demand live tutoring3
- One-on-one faculty support
- GetSet online student community
- ASPIRE student assistance which includes access to counseling services
- Designated admissions, academic and financial support teams
6. We Keep Our Class Sizes Small
Our smaller class sizes allow you to receive the personalized attention you need to achieve your goals, whether you choose to study online or on campus. Classes are infused with real-world insights and taught by faculty who are experienced in their field of study.
7. Our Programs Are Designed for Busy, Working Adult Students
Study at home, at one of our 40+ campus locations or on the go. We work with you to customize a schedule that meets your needs so you can achieve your goals on your timeline. Here are just a few of the flexible options designed for busy students like you:
- Classes start every 8 weeks – begin when you’re ready.
- Select programs are stackable – meaning qualifying credits earned can be applied directly towards a future program at DeVry, potentially saving you time and money.
- Flexible learning tools are available to all students – including our mobile app for Apple® and Android devices, 24/7 digital library, e-textbooks and audiobooks.
8. We’re More than a Tech School
9. We Offer 40+ Programs and 85+ Specializations
- Undergraduate certificates
- Associate degrees
- Bachelor’s degrees
- Graduate certificates
- Master’s degrees (including MBA)
Here are some of our most popular areas of study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Big Data and Analytics
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Engineering Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Network Systems Administration
- Project Management
- Software Development
- And more (view all degree and certificate programs)
10. We’ve Awarded More Than 300,000 Degrees
Getting to graduation is your biggest goal – that’s why it’s ours, too. At DeVry University and our Keller Graduate School of Management we’ve proudly awarded more than 300,000 degrees, and we can’t wait to add your name to our growing list of alumni.
11. We Partner with 3,000+ Organizations
If you’re employed by one of our partner organizations – such as McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, H&R Block or Southwest Airlines – you may be eligible for benefits such as group tuition rates and deferred billing plans. We also offer benefits for active duty military members, veterans and their families.
12. We’re Accredited
Become a Part of Our Growing Legacy
Going back to school is an exciting decision – and the first step is finding a university that understands your goals. Whether you’re balancing work, family or other commitments, your dedicated support team will help you develop an education plan and timeline that meets your needs. From the first time you connect with our team, to graduation day and beyond, we’ll be by your side with the support you want, when you want it.
Get Empowering Stories and Insights to Reach Your Education, Career and Life Goals.
1Data is inclusive of all partner tuition savings, institutional scholarships, and grants for the period for July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
2Our Certified University Career Coaches are certified by The Academies (www.theacademies.com). Our Certified Professional Résumé Writers are certified by the Professional Association of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches (https://parwcc.com/page/CPRW).
3Each student is allotted 13 hours of tutoring per academic session through www.Tutor.com (available 24/7). Additional tutoring services are also available through www.DeVryTutors.com.
4DeVry University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), www.hlcommission.org. The University's Keller Graduate School of Management is included in this accreditation. For a complete list of programmatic accreditations and the programs that they apply to, visit https://www.devry.edu/about/accreditation.html.