By DeVry University
Wondering how you can balance work with a full-time MBA program? We’ll explore some strategies to help you make the most of these commitments and answer some questions about full-time MBA programs in the following sections:
- Ways to Balance Work with a Full-Time MBA
- Full-Time MBA Program Advantages
- How Long Does It Take to Complete a Full-Time MBA Program?
- Full-Time MBA Program Specializations
Ways to Balance Work with a Full-Time MBA
If you’re already working and have been for a while, it can feel difficult to find the time off to devote to going back to school for a full-time MBA program. Fortunately, just because a program is described as full-time doesn’t mean you have to take time off from work in order to earn your degree.
While there are many different approaches that will work for different people, here are a few strategies that you can use to help balance your day job with a full-time MBA program:
- Attend school online: Online education can be a great way to balance both school and work. With online courses, you can complete your schoolwork when it is most convenient for you and not according to an in-person class schedule.
- Take advantage of student resources: Utilizing the student support resources that your school offers is a great way to help set yourself up for success when pursuing a full-time MBA program. At DeVry, for example, we offer 24/7 access to online tutoring1, a vast e-library full of study resources and academic advising services that can give you the help you need while you’re working toward your MBA degree.
- Create a designated study area: Having a quiet, distraction-free spot where you can study without interruption can help you focus. By creating an environment that fosters concentration, you can study and organize your time effectively.
Full-Time MBA Program Advantages
A full-time MBA program has many potential advantages that can make it an appealing choice as the next step in your education. Here are a few of the possible advantages that could make a full-time MBA program the right choice for you:
- Can be earned online: As we mentioned, a full-time MBA program that is offered online can help you balance your work schedule while earning a degree.
- May take less time to complete: While the time it takes to earn a degree can vary based on a variety of factors, earning your MBA on a full-time schedule as opposed to part-time or by breaking it up by taking time off may help you complete your degree faster.
How Long Does It Take to Complete a Full-Time MBA Program?
There are a lot of factors that can impact how long it takes to complete a full-time MBA program. For example, some students may come into an MBA program with qualifying transfer credits that allow them to bypass some classes. This kind of situation may enable you to complete your MBA program more quickly.
Another factor that can influence how long it takes to complete a full-time MBA program is how many classes you choose to take per term. While “full-time” can make it sound like all students in the program are enrolled in the same number of classes or credit hours, that’s not always the case. Full-time means meeting the minimum credit requirement during each session, and you can choose to take more than the minimum. Those who take on more credit hours per session may earn their MBA degree faster than those who enroll with the minimum course load.
In general, however, a full-time MBA program takes around two years to complete. At DeVry, our online MBA program can be completed in as little as two years + two months*—or even more quickly with qualifying transfer credits.
Full-Time MBA Program Specializations
At DeVry, you can tailor your experience in either a part-time or full-time MBA program with a specialization that suits your interests and your career goals.
The 10 MBA specializations we offer are:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Health Services
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Management
- Project Management
Explore MBA Programs at DeVry University
If you’ve been thinking about enrolling into a full-time MBA program, DeVry might be a good fit for you. Learn how to work with and manage teams, communicate with upper management and stakeholders, and gain hands-on experience with the analytics tools and applications that are used in today’s business world. Our experienced staff are here to help guide you every step if the way, on campus or online, as you prepare to pursue your new career. Classes start every 8 weeks.
1Each student is allotted a set number of hours of tutoring per academic session through www.Tutor.com (available 24/7). Additional tutoring services are also available through www.DeVryTutors.com.
*Not including breaks. Assumes year-round, full-time enrollment.