DeVry University strives to close our society’s opportunity gap by preparing learners to thrive in careers shaped by continuous technological change. Through innovative programs, relevant partnerships and exceptional care, we empower students to meaningfully improve their lives, communities, and workplaces.
Responsible Recruiting and Enrollment
We commit to Responsible Recruiting and Enrollment practices to empower prospective students to make informed decisions about attending DeVry.
- We provide every prospective student a program information disclosure that shows total program cost, completion and graduation rates, graduate debt and default rates, and relevant earnings and program licensure information.
- We record all conversations with prospective students and routinely review a portion of these recordings to ensure our admissions teams are communicating clearly, and providing accurate and complete information about DeVry and our programs. Where needed, we provide coaching to team members and take other action to correct errors and address misconduct.
- We work extensively with every prospective student prior to enrollment to develop a personalized academic plan that includes clear information on projected cost, transfer credit availability, and time for completion.
- We create an estimated financial plan for every prospective student to help ensure they understand any financial commitments before enrolling.
- Prior to the first day of class, every new student participates in an orientation program that includes an overview of available student services and academic support, online learning platforms, academic policies, and key points of contact.
Financial Literacy and Responsible Borrowing
We commit to promoting Financial Literacy and Responsible Borrowing to empower our students to make responsible financing and borrowing decisions.
- We provide financial advising to every student throughout their time at DeVry and help them develop and refine a personal college financing plan. We clearly present available financial aid options, in addition to traditional federal financial aid programs, and explain eligibility and application requirements.
- While DeVry cannot limit whether, or how much, a student borrows, we actively advise students to borrow only what they truly need to fund their education, and we advocate for more flexibility and transparency in federal financial aid programs.
- We provide to every student an annual Borrower Advisory Notice that contains a detailed outline of the student’s current loan balance(s) and projected repayment obligations.
- We have developed a dynamic online tool that our students can access at any time to review their outstanding loan balance(s), projected repayment obligations, credits required to graduate, and remaining borrowing capacity available.
Academic and Student Support
We commit to providing Proactive Academic and Student Support to promote student satisfaction and success.
- We proactively identify students who may be struggling academically using insights from multiple sources, including personal interactions and review of student activity and performance against known success predictors. Our faculty and student support advisors use this course-level, real-time engagement information to intervene and assist students to reduce the risk of failure and withdrawal.
- Our Persistence and Retention Committee, led by our Chief Academic Officer, monitors key trends and data related to student learning, persistence and graduation, and uses this data to develop actionable strategies to improve student success.
- Our clear and transparent student complaint resolution policies are available to students on DeVry’s website and in our Student Handbook. We also conspicuously publish contact information for state oversight bodies with jurisdiction over student consumer complaints.
- We do not require students to arbitrate potential claims against DeVry if we are unable to resolve a dispute or complaint informally or via the formal student complaint process. We do not require students to waive their rights to seek, or participate in, class action remedies.
- We use an independent third-party tool to conduct student surveys to ensure we are meeting student and graduate expectations, and we actively address opportunities for improvement and other feedback.
Accountability and Transparency
We commit to Accountability and Transparency, publicly disclosing information that is key to understanding our values and how we operate.
- We annually disclose our spending related to instruction and academic support, student services, scholarships and grants, and marketing.
- No more than 85% of our eligible program revenue in a given year will come from federal funding, which will include military tuition benefits and Department of Veterans Affairs funding, in addition to revenue considered for purposes of the 90/10 calculation.
- Our leaders’ performance evaluations and compensation are tied, in part, to student success.
- We ensure responsible marketing by lead generation vendors through independent third-party monitoring, and clear remediation and contract termination procedures for non-compliance.
- We only implement new academic programs after we review the planned program pricing and expected career outcomes to ensure graduates will be able to repay any debt upon successful completion of the program.
- We engage an independent third party to review and publicly report on our compliance with the DeVry Accountability Principles (formerly titled Student Commitments) annually. Click here to view report.