If you’re looking for a way to demonstrate your cyber security skills to potential employers, then a cyber security certificate may be an option. Cyber security certifications are typically awarded by highly-regarded industry associations, and show that the holder has a high level of competence with a particular skill.
But certifications are more than just a nice-to-have thing, they can be a useful tool in advancing your career, not to mention a boost to your self-confidence. A certification on your resume communicates your abilities in a specific area to potential employers and may encourage them to take a closer look at you as a job candidate.
The process of studying for a certification exam can also help reinforce many of the concepts you already know and introduce you to new information that you can utilize in a cyber security career.
In this article, you'll learn about cyber security certifications, why they’re important and how to prepare yourself to pursue them as we explore the following sections:
- Do I Need Advanced Cyber Security Certifications?
- What Can I do to get Ready for a Cyber Security Certification Exam?
- Do I Need Hands-on Training to Find a Job in Cyber Security?
- Do I Need Experience to Go into Cyber Security?
- Do I Need to be Able to Program before Pursuing a Certification in Cyber Security?
- Related Article: What is Cyber Security?