Live Chat Now
Give us a call

Send us a text



International Applicants

International Student Orientation and Support Services

Classes Start Every 8 Weeks

Our purpose is to empower your journey forward. Will your story be a part of our ongoing history of innovation? Let’s connect.

Acclimate to Your New Academic Environment with Help from Our Team

It's a big task to get acclimated to a new school, especially in a foreign country. DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management provide new international student orientation and support services to help you thrive, and we connect you with an Designated School Official who can offer you one-on-one assistance.

Your Designated School Official is your go-to expert if you have any questions:

  • Change of major, program or degree level

  • Change of education level

  • Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence

  • Take a break from school

  • Travel outside the United States

  • Move to a new address

  • Request a program extension

Internationally-Focused Locations

DeVry and Keller have fifteen campuses that are specially equipped to address the needs of international students. International Admissions Advisors and special support services are offered at these fifteen locations, where international students can register:

Locations with Enhanced International Services

While our international students are able to take courses at any of the campuses mentioned above, two are specially prepared with international student programs to support your pursuit of a successful career, including:

Program and session start limitations vary by location.

International Student Resources

Housing Assistance

While we don’t offer formal housing assistance, we do have campus-specific resources for students to use:

  • Private apartments

    Campus locations maintain current lists of apartments in the school's vicinity. A security deposit, equal to the first month's rent, is generally required in advance to secure these apartments. A rental or credit history may also be required. Leasing terms are established between apartment complexes/owners and students.

  • Private rooms

    Student Central Offices maintain current lists of private rooms in private residences. Accommodations vary. Leasing terms are established between property owners and students.

  • Students may contact the American Homestay Network if interested in staying with a local host for accommodations.

Maintaining F-1 Status

While studying in the United States, it is important to maintain F-1 student status.

  • Attend and pass all classes

  • If unable to complete program by end date listed on Form I-20, talk with your Designated School Official about requesting possible program extension.

  • Take a full course of study each term; if you cannot study full time, contact your Designated School Official. Do not drop a class without speaking first with your Designated School Official.

Visa and Travel Reminders
  • Keep your passport valid at all times – must be valid for at least six months.

  • Keep your local address updated with your Designated School Official at DeVry University

  • Maintain full-time enrollment status

  • Get Designated School Official approval before withdrawal from DeVry University 

  • Attend the school noted on your Form I-20 

  • Keep your I-20 form valid at all times

  • Get a travel endorsement prior to traveling outside the U.S.

Inviting Family to Visit U.S.

Anyone may apply for a tourist visa to the United States if they have legitimate tourist intent. Some steps you and your family may take to increase chances of being granted a B-2 tourist visa:

  1. Write a letter of invitation addressed to your family detailing the purpose of their visit, the length of their stay and how they will financially support themselves while they are in the U.S. The letter should be sent in both English and your native language.

  2. Provide your family with photocopies of all your immigration documents to take with them to the U.S. Embassy for their visa appointment. It is a good idea to send a document that shows when the University commencement will take place if your family is coming for graduation.

Recovering Lost Documentation

If any important documentation, such as a passport, visa or arrival-departure records (Form I-94) are lost or stolen at any point during your time at DeVry, notify your Designated School Official immediately. Then refer to the U.S. Department of State website for help in replacing these documents.

Health Insurance

Medical costs can be unexpected. Be prepared and be knowledgeable about the resources available to you while studying in the United States.

DeVry University has identified the following list of health insurance providers for our international students. Although DeVry University does not offer student health insurance, students are encouraged to obtain the appropriate coverage to meet their needs. Resources and related information can be reviewed via the following links:


Be prepared to manage your living expenses and housing in the U.S. The U.S. Department of State provides official information on salaries, costs of living and relocation. In addition, the following resources will help you stay informed.

City Comparisons

Numbeo allows you to compare the costs of living between your current city and your prospective DeVry University campus.

Housing Prices offers information about the housing market near DeVry University campuses. Compare off-campus housing costs and make the best decision based on your individual housing requirements.

Salaries enables you to compare the costs of living in different states. The site also allows prospective students to search salary ranges by state, city, or job category.

Money for Arrival

When you arrive at DeVry University, you will need enough money for immediate expenses including hotels, food, registration fees and housing costs. Contact your home country bank for details about the following:

  • Traveler's Checks: The money is immediately available if checks are in U.S. dollars, and they can be replaced if lost or stolen

  • Wire transfers: Money can be transferred, but an account at a U.S. bank must be opened first and there may be a fee for using the service

Opening a Bank Account

With a checking account in the U.S., you will be able to deposit and withdraw money frequently and easily pay bills such as rent or utilities. Most checking accounts include an ATM/debit card.

You'll need to inquire with a bank about their specific requirements for opening a new account. Common documents needed to open an account include:

  • Valid passport

  • I-20 form

  • Enrollment verification letter

  • Proof of residency in U.S. (e.g., utility bill)

  • Foreign driver's license

  • Student photo ID

Telephone Services

You may already have a cell phone in your home country. Be sure to inquire about its use in the U.S. before you arrive. Other common ways to communicate with friends and family abroad include:

  • International Calling Cards: Call home by using an international calling card, credit card, or by placing an operator-assisted or collect call

  • Zoom: Zoom software enables you to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files over the internet with other Skype users

  • WhatsApp: Simple, reliable, private messaging and calling for free*, available all over the world.

* Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.


Reporting to DeVry University in the USA: International Student Forms and Documentation

As you prepare to come to the United States and begin your degree program, you will want to note the forms you'll need to enter the country and the documentation you'll need to provide your advisor once you arrive.

Preparing to Travel to the USA

In order to show that you have been legally admitted to the United States, the class of admission, and the authorized period of stay, you will need Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record.”

If you arrive at the port of entry by air or sea, a Form I-94 record will automatically be generated for you by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers. CBP will provide you with an admission stamp on your passport that is annotated with date of admission, class of admission and admitted-until date. The electronic arrival/departure record can be obtained at

Entering the Country

As a new DeVry student, you have 30 days to enter the country before your official program start date, which is recorded in SEVIS. You must report to your school by the program start date listed on Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status.”

If you cannot enter the United States for the term listed on your Form I-20 or if you will be late by a few days, immediately contact your International Student Advisor.

Checking In with Your Advisor

All international students must officially check in with their International Student Advisor within ten (10) days of arriving in the United States, at the beginning of each semester, and every time you travel abroad and reenter the United States during your program at DeVry University.

For your check-in with your International Student Advisor at Student Service Office, please bring the following original documents:

  • Passport and visa

  • I-94 Card

  • Original I-20 form

  • Local U.S. address

  • If undergraduate student, copy of health insurance (if not taking DeVry University Student Health Insurance)

Emergency Information for Health and Safety

International students should refer to the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs for information about medical emergencies while living in America. In cases of extreme emergency, you may need to contact your country’s embassy. Embassy information can be accessed at the U.S. Embassy website.

Meet a Representative from DeVry

Prospective international students will have the opportunity to meet representatives from DeVry or Keller before making a final decision about pursuing a degree program at DeVry or Keller. See the list below to find a DeVry agency representative in your country. Or to find out more information about DeVry’s international agents and our academics team, please contact an International Agent Partners.