Degrees with a focus in renewable energy, prepare students to handle responsibilities including:
- Analyzing analogue and digital signal data, working with computers and other advanced electronics
- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning or testing machines, devices and equipment related to renewable energy
- Applying engineering principles and techniques, as well as understanding precision technical plans and blueprints
Renewable energy careers are found in a number of diverse environments, including:
- Construction and Development
DeVry graduates who specialize in renewable energy may be prepared for careers including:
- Electronics Technicians
As a technician you would design, develop and test electrical equipment. You may work on product evaluation testing, making improvements, developing longer-lasting components or implementing sustainable processes.
- Engineering Specialists
In this career, you use specialized knowledge of green manufacturing techniques, sustainable systems and the environmental to aid various industries.
- Test Engineers and Technologists
Technologists test the performance of electronic components and determine why modifications and preventative maintenance should be performed, as well as calibrate equipment for optimal performance.
- Energy Engineering Technicians
In this job you will design, develop and evaluate energy-related projects and programs to reduce energy costs. You may also improve energy efficiency during the designing, building or remodeling stages of construction.
- Technical Project Managers
As a technical project manager, you would coordinate and supervise power engineering projects related to renewable energy management, as well as keep track of the needs of clients.