Reporting to DeVry University in the USA: International Student Forms and Documentation

As you prepare to come to the United States and begin your degree program at DeVry University, you will want to note the forms you'll need to enter the country and the documentation you'll need to provide your advisor once you arrive.

Preparing to Travel to the USA

In order to show that you have been legally admitted to the United States, the class of admission, and the authorized period of stay, you will need Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record”.

Read More

If you arrive at the port of entry by air or sea, a Form I-94 record will automatically be generated for you by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers. CBP will provide you with an admission stamp on your passport that is annotated with date of admission, class of admission and admitted-until date. The electronic arrival/departure record can be obtained at

Entering the Country

As a new DeVry student, you have 30 days to enter the country before your official program start date, which is recorded in SEVIS. You must report to your school by the program start date listed on Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status”.

Read More

If you cannot enter the United States for the term listed on your Form I-20 or if you will be late by a few days, immediately contact your International Admissions Advisor.

Checking in with Your Advisor

All international students must officially check in with their International Student Advisor within ten (10) days of arriving in the United States, at the beginning of each semester, and every time travel abroad and reenter the United States during your program at DeVry University.

Read More

For your check-in with your International Student Advisor at Student Service Office, please bring original documents of the following:

  • Passport and Visa
  • I-94 Card 
  • Original I-20 form
  • Local U.S. address  
  • If undergraduate student, copy of health insurance (if not taking DeVry University Student Health Insurance)

Emergency Information for Health and Safety

International students should refer to the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs for information about medical emergencies while living in America. In cases of extreme emergency, you may need to contact your country’s embassy. Embassy information can be accessed at the U.S. Embassy website.