DeVry University Publishes Journal of Scholarly Research
Sixth edition of faculty journal explores best practices in teaching methodologies and the workplace
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., May 1, 2017 – Today, DeVry University released the sixth edition of its Journal of Scholarly Research, a collection of academic papers written by university faculty members. Included in this issue are four academic papers that explore theories related to teaching and business, as well as two book reviews and a case study.
“DeVry University is proud to continue its tradition of authoring papers that are a reflection of our faculty member’s commitment to best practices in teaching and learning, said Shantanu Bose, Ph.D., provost and vice president of academic excellence at DeVry University. “Through scholarly work, our professors deepen their knowledge and are able to bring lively discussions and new teaching methodologies into their classrooms.”
Articles featured in this edition include:
- “Becoming a Guide on the Side in a Reading and Writing Skills Course,” applying an individualized approach toward student learning and measuring impact.
- Author: Michael Gooch, senior professor, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- “Is the Change Agent Triangle a Viable Solution for Organizational Change Agents to Avoid Becoming Symbolic Sacrificial Lambs?” exploring a collaborative process for change to improve talent retention within organizations.
- Author: Michael Milford, professor, College of Business & Management
- “Initial Validation of a Scale to Measure Emotional Intelligence,” sharing a method to help managers and employees assess and refine emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Author: Jacqueline Saldana, assistant professor, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Author: Penn Wu, professor, College of Engineering & Information Sciences
The Journal also includes book reviews and a case study exercise. To find current and past issues of the Journal, visit https://newsroom.devry.edu/scholarly-research.
About DeVry University
DeVry University’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. Founded in 1931, the university offers undergraduate and graduate programs onsite and online within its five distinguished colleges of study: Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology. The university is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC, www.hlcommission.org).
With locations across the U.S., DeVry University is one of the largest private-sector universities in North America. The university is a part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. To learn more about DeVry University, visit www.devry.edu.
Director, University Relations