DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., January 27, 2014
DeVry University congratulates its roster of student athletes who were recently named to Team USA and will compete in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games next month. Those 15 student athletes, their sport and degree program are as follows:
- Summer Britcher, Luge, Non-Matriculating
- Stacey Cook, Alpine Skiing, Business Administration
- Nick Fairall, Ski Jump, Business Administration
- Erin Hamlin, Luge, Business Communication
- Steven Holcomb, Bobsled, Computer Information Systems
- Anders Johnson, Ski Jump, Business Administration
- Aidan Kelly, Luge, Justice Administration
- Christopher Mazdzer, Luge, Business Administration
- Matthew Mortensen, Luge, Business Communication
- Christian Niccum, Luge, Business Administration
- Marco Sullivan, Alpine Skiing, Business Administration
Keller Graduate School of Management
- Jazmine Fenlator, Bobsled, MBA
- Elana Meyers, Bobsled, MBA
- Johnny Quinn, Bobsled, MBA
- Sara Studebaker, Biathlon, MBA
DeVry University is an official education provider of the United States Olympic Committee. With more than 100 student athletes currently enrolled, DeVry University provides higher education opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate level to U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes and training hopefuls.
“We applaud our Team USA student athletes for their hard work and dedication to both their athletics and their academics,” said David J. Pauldine, president of DeVry University. “We are honored to be part of their academic journey, preparing these remarkable athletes for their careers following their Olympic endeavors. We look forward to cheering them on at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.”
DeVry University has more than 90 locations nationwide, and a robust online environment for delivering high-quality academic instruction. This combination of onsite and online delivery method offers Team USA athletes flexible access to career-oriented associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. U.S. Olympians and Paralympians have the freedom and flexibility to take advantage of a parallel path of athletic and college preparedness, so they can be ready for the Games and their post-Olympic futures.
For more information about DeVry University and its education partnership with the USOC, visit DeVry.edu. To learn more about its student athletes, visit https://newsroom.devry.edu/devry-usoc-partnership-media-kit/.
About the USOC
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is recognized by the International Olympic Committee as the sole entity in the United States whose mission involves training, entering and underwriting the full expenses for the U.S. teams in the Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games. In addition to being the steward of the U.S. Olympic Movement, the USOC is the moving force for support of sports in the United States that are on the program of the Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games. For more information, please contact USOC Communications at (719) 866-4529 or visit www.TeamUSA.org.