Web Graphic Design Degree Program
Do you love typefaces, images, and color? Web Graphic Design plays a prominent role in the look and feel of everything on the Internet. As visual problem-solvers, web graphic designers help companies in diverse industries communicate effectively online. DeVry University's Associate of Science degree program in Web Graphic Design was developed to help you transform your passion for the visual arts and user interaction into a marketable skill set.
When you earn your Web Graphic Design degree from DeVry University, you have the opportunity to:
- Learn key software applications in Adobe® Creative Cloud®, learn fundamental website design principles and graphic animation skills
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum incorporates concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your résumé upon successful completion of the ACA exam
- Continue your education by rolling your associate degree credits directly into a bachelor’s degree program in Multimedia Design & Development
Discover more about the Web Graphic Design degree program from DeVry University. Request more information.
Adobe® Certification Exams
Coursework in the Web Graphic Design Degree Program is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to prepare them to take external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/education/pdfs/certification-path-individuals.pdf,visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DeVry University’s Web Graphic Design associate degree program offers you the opportunity to build your skills and credentials at your own pace. Your credits are stackable, meaning they can be rolled into a bachelor’s degree at DeVry.
- You can start by earning your associate’s degree in Web Graphic Design (AWGD). At the same time, you can prepare to sit for external industry certification exams through DeVry’s curriculum, which addresses concepts from the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam.
- You can prepare to earn an industry standard certification in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign by sitting for the ACA exams.
- Then you can continue your education with DeVry and apply your qualifying associate degree credits into a bachelor’s degree program in Multimedia Design & Development Degree (MDD).
Many Ways to Learn
(In Florida degree is Associate of Science in Web Graphic Design; in New Jersey and Pennsylvania degree is Associate in Applied Science in Web Graphic Design.)
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.