Web Graphic Design Degree Program
Do you love type, images, and color? Web Graphic Design plays a prominent role in the look and feel of everything on the Internet. As visual problem-solvers, they help companies in nearly every industry communicate effectively online. An Associate of Science degree in Web Graphic Design from DeVry University can help you develop your passion for the visual arts and user interaction into a marketable skill set.
When you earn your Web Graphic Design degree from DeVry University, you can:
- Learn key software applications in Adobe® Creative Cloud®, learn fundamental website design principles and graphic animation skills
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
- Continue your education by rolling your associate credits directly into a bachelor’s in Multimedia Design and Development
Discover more about the Web Graphic Design degree from DeVry University. Request more information.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Web Graphic Design Degree Program provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/education/pdfs/certification-path-individuals.pdf,visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DeVry University’s Web Graphic Design associate degree offers you the opportunity to build your skills and credentials at your own pace. Your credits are stackable, meaning they can be rolled into a bachelor’s degree at DeVry.
- You can start by earning your associate’s degree in Web Graphic Design (AWGD). At the same time, you can prepare to sit for external industry certification exams through DeVry’s curriculum, which is designed with concepts from the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam.
- You can earn an industry standard certification in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign by sitting for the ACA exams.
- Then you can continue your education with DeVry and apply your qualifying certificate credits into a bachelor’s in Multimedia Design and Development Degree (MDD).
Many Ways to Learn
(In Florida degree is Associate of Science in Web Graphic Design; in New Jersey and Pennsylvania degree is Associate in Applied Science in Web Graphic Design.)
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and needs-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.