College of Media Arts & Technology
Web Design and Development Specialization
Competition among web sites is growing day by day. To attract and retain visitors, sites have had to become increasingly sophisticated and multimedia-rich. Therefore, professionals who are skilled in this type of web design and development are in demand. A bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University with a specialization in Web Design and Development can prepare you to enter this growing field. You'll learn about multimedia standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies, as well as advanced principles of web page layout, web site architecture, database integration, and web standards.
Follow a career track in web design and development by choosing this specialization when you earn your bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University. Upon graduation, you'll know how to create and integrate dynamic content, such as animations, video, and images. Plus, you can use the wide array of digital media you've created throughout your studies to build a full professional portfolio.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Web Design and Development Courses
When you specialize your Multimedia Design and Development degree in Web Design and Development, your coursework may include these career-enhancing courses:
- Introduction to Database – With emphasis on the relational model, this course introduces concepts and methods fundamental to database development and use, including data analysis, modeling, and structured query language (SQL), as well as basic functions and features of a database management system (DBMS).
- Interactive Web Page Scripting – Using a scripting language, students in this course design and script basic interactive web page components and web-based games. Topics include basic programming fundamentals and object handling techniques.
- Programming Multimedia for the Web – Students in this course use multimedia authoring tools and techniques to create web-based games and dynamic web pages. Integrating and controlling multimedia assets such as movie clips, sound effects, images, and animations are addressed.
- Dynamic Web Site Development and Database Integration – This course introduces advanced techniques to design and develop dynamic web sites through use of cascading style sheets (CSSs), integration of databases, server-side scripting, and large site management.
- Web Accessibility – Building on web design and development skills, students learn to implement web sites that meet industry standards and legal requirements for accessibility. Topics include assistive technologies, creating accessible content, and industry standards and regulatory acts.