Bachelor's in Accounting Degree Program
If you're looking for the opportunity to play an important role in some of the most exciting industries today, a Bachelor's in Accounting could help you do just that. From the private sector to government to not-for-profit, our Bachelor's in Accounting Degree Program can provide you with knowledge of the financial tools, tax codes and U.S. laws needed to navigate a wide range of business environments.
Your Bachelor's in Accounting may also satisfy requirements necessary for you to sit for the CPA exam or pursue a master's degree, opening your career opportunities in the field of accountancy even further.
Want to know more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Graduation Requirements: 124 semester-credit hours
Flexible Study: In certain states, students may take courses on campus and online. Each session you can choose the mix of classes that helps you balance personal priorities and keeps you moving toward your goals. Please note that program and course availability varies by location.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Our Bachelor's in Accounting may include these career-focused courses:
- Intermediate Accounting I, II & III — Discover the various aspects of financial accounting, from measurement of assets to accounting for income taxes.
- Auditing — Become familiar with the principles, practices and procedures used by public accountants for verifying corporate financial statements.
- Cost Accounting — Learn how to apply relevant accounting data and cost-control techniques to improve decision making.
- Federal Income Taxation — Explore federal income tax concepts (gross income, exclusions and allowable deductions) and their effect on individuals.
- Accounting Information Systems — Learn to design, install, operate, and manage an integrated, automated accounting system.
- Senior Project — In your final year, you get the opportunity to apply the concepts you've learned to solve career-related problems and get a sense of what it's like within the accounting field.
Also consider the following degree programs if you're interested in advancing your career in the accounting field.
In our College of Business & Management
- Associate degree in Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or Technical Management with a specialization in Accounting
In our Keller Graduate School of Management
- Master of Science in Accounting
- MBA with an Accounting Concentration
- Master of Accounting & Financial Management
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- Graduate Certificate in CPA Preparation
Want to know more about the bachelor's degree in Accounting? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.