REQUEST INFO
Adeline Gray

Meet Adeline Gray, DeVry grad and 2016 U.S. Olympian

By DeVry University

THREE-TIME WORLD CHAMPION

Education: 2016 DeVry Graduate, Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management Specialization

Sport: Wrestling (2016-17 Team USA Ranking: No. 1 at 75 kg/165 lbs.)

Hometown: Denver, Colorado                           

Adeline Gray is the reigning three-time world wrestling champion who has not only been realizing her dreams in the gym, but also in the classroom.  This year Adeline accomplished two of her biggest goals - graduating from DeVry with a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in project management, and making her first U.S. Olympic team. 

As she sets her sights on winning gold in Rio this August, Adeline also has peace of mind knowing that she already has a head start on her post-athletic career now that she has earned her degree from DeVry. 

“I can't wrestle forever, and I need that education,” Adeline says. “To have that checkmark next to my degree is a great feeling.”

Adeline chose to become a DeVry student after attending a traditional university that could not give her the flexibility and support she needed in order to balance a busy training schedule with her studies.  Adeline didn’t feel that they were equipped to handle her different situation and was having difficulties getting the teachers to work around her travel.  Once she enrolled at DeVry, Adeline knew it was the best university for her.

“The DeVry professors immediately understood the support I needed and the university’s study options are ideal for an Olympic athlete’s lifestyle,” she adds.  “To have DeVry in my corner supporting me and not just my education, but also supporting my athletic dreams has been amazing.”

Adeline is one of the most talked about U.S. athletes leading up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games as the projected first American female to win gold in her sport.