Web Design and Development Degree Specialization
If you like to build things from start to finish, a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University with a specialization in Web Design and Development could be right for you. Web designers and developers take into account both the visual experience of the website and the databases that drive it. With competition among web sites growing day by day, sites have become increasingly sophisticated and media-rich. Professionals who can integrate multimedia like video, sound, animation and text with customized database information to create a seamless web experience are consistently in demand.
With a specialization in Web Design and Development from DeVry University, you can:
- Learn the latest programming languages, including HTML5, and key software applications
- Understand multimedia standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies, as well as advanced principles of web page layout, web site architecture, database integration, and web standards
- Learn to architect, design and build sites that exceed your users’ functionality and aesthetic expectations for fun and function
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
If you’re ready to see the big picture, then learn how a specialization in Web Design and Development could work for you. Request more information.
All students enrolled in site-based programs will be required to take some coursework online and, for some programs and locations, a substantial portion of the program may be required to be completed online.
Take the TechPath
Want to learn how to navigate today’s tech-infused, dynamic and interconnected workplaces? Take the TechPath. Specially designed to help you gain the kinds of applied tech skills that are crucial in more and more companies today1, each TechPath class is powered by a learning rubric developed at DeVry called People-Process-Data-Devices, or P2D2. And because we believe TechPath is so important for our students and for helping to close the applied tech skills gap in this country, we’re offering our TechPath associates and bachelor’s degree programs to new students at a 20% savings2.
1Exploring America’s Tech Skills Gap and the Parallel Deficits of Applied Tech Skills and Hard Tech Skills, by The Career Advisory Board: http://careeradvisoryboard.org/research/technology-skills-gap-survey
2TechPath Associate and Bachelor’s degree programs are offered to new students at the cost of $487 per credit hour, which is 20% lower than our Non TechPath rate at $609. 20% savings is applicable to those who apply after 4/21/2017. New TechPath pricing savings do not apply to certificate programs.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Web Design and Development specialization provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://www.adobe.com/training/certification.html, visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Many Ways to Learn
DeVry offers classes several different ways:
- At a DeVry campus location
- Through collaborative extended classrooms
Please note that program, courses, and extended classroom availability varies by location. Learn more about DeVry's specialization in Web Design and Development online.
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.