Multimedia Design and Development Degree Program
If you have an eye for design, tend to think outside the box and have a knack for computers, you could take your talents to the next level. Today, organizations across the country utilize web and media design professionals to create and deliver digital and web-enabled content. With a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University, you'll gain the skills needed to create Internet content, web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects.
When you earn your Multimedia Design and Development degree from DeVry University, you can:
- Choose one of two exciting specializations
- Learn key software applications in Adobe® Creative Cloud®, learn design principles and animation skills
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
Students can start the program in “Undeclared” status. A specialization must be chosen before the completion of 60 credit hours.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
All students enrolled in site-based programs will be required to take some coursework online and, for some programs and locations, a substantial portion of the program may be required to be completed online.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Multimedia Design and Development Degree Program provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://www.adobe.com/training/certification.html, visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Many Ways to Learn
DeVry offers classes several different ways:
- At a DeVry campus location
- Through collaborative extended classrooms
Please note that program, courses, and extended classroom availability varies by location. Learn more about DeVry's Bachelor's in Multimedia Design and Development online.
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.