Cyber Security Programming Careers Overview
In cyber-attacks, hackers may steal critical information or wreak havoc on computer networks. Corporations, government agencies, healthcare institutions and all types of organizations need analysts who can come up with innovative solutions to prevent computer networks and sensitive information from being compromised. As a cyber security professional, you may be planning, implementing or monitoring security measures to protect computer networks and data from attack, damage and unauthorized access, as well as defending against attack, should a cyber-criminal strike.
At DeVry University, you'll engage in curriculum geared toward professional certification as well as real-world simulations in a virtual environment, preparing you to create and implement solutions that prevent future attacks. The technical and critical-thinking skills as well as the hands-on experience and certification exam prep you gain at DeVry can help open the door to exciting opportunities in the world of cyber security.
When you earn your bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) from DeVry University with a specialization in Cyber Security Programming, you’ll be prepared to fight cyber-crime, protect data from cyber thieves, prevent computer hacks and defend against cyber-attacks.
Some professional responsibilities of cyber security professionals include:
- Encrypting data transmissions and erecting firewalls to conceal confidential information
- Monitoring use of files and regulating access to safeguard data
- Setting and modifying access permissions to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change access status
- Training users and promoting security awareness
- Performing risk assessments
Cyber security careers are across all industries, including:
- Banking and Finance
DeVry University graduates in Computer Information Systems with a specialization in Cyber Security Programming will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Computer Security
- Information Security Analysis
- Data Security Administration
- Information Security Management