Web Design and Development Degree Specialization
If you like to build things from start to finish, a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University with a specialization in Web Design and Development could be right for you. Web designers and developers take into account both the visual experience of the website and the databases that drive it. With competition among web sites growing day by day, sites have become increasingly sophisticated and media-rich. Professionals who can integrate multimedia like video, sound, animation and text with customized database information to create a seamless web experience are consistently in demand.
With a specialization in Web Design and Development from DeVry University, you can:
- Learn the latest programming languages, including HTML5, and key software applications
- Understand multimedia standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies, as well as advanced principles of web page layout, web site architecture, database integration, and web standards
- Learn to architect, design and build sites that exceed your users’ functionality and aesthetic expectations for fun and function
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Web Design and Development specialization provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://www.adobe.com/training/certification.html, visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Many Ways to Learn
DeVry offers classes several different ways:
- At a DeVry campus location
- Through collaborative extended classrooms
Please note that program, courses, and extended classroom availability varies by location.
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.
All students enrolled in site-based programs will be required to take some coursework online and, for some programs and locations, a substantial portion of the program may be required to be completed online.