Coast Guard: Take advantage of a More affordable education.

If you are currently serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, earning your college degree may never be more affordable! Coast Guard Tuition Assistance is designed to help eligible personnel in their professional development by providing funding for off-duty voluntary education courses.

Service members authorized to utilize Tuition Assistance, you are eligible for the following military tuition assistance:

The maximum amount paid for Tuition Assistance:

  • 100% Tuition

Not to exceed:

  • $250 per Semester Credit Hour
  • $4500 per Fiscal Year

Additional Information:
Contact your base or command Education Services Officer to determine specific eligibility requirements. Visit Coast Guard website for more information.

By transferring qualified coursework, you may earn up to 92 credits towards your bachelor's degree. Start your education rolling and earn your bachelor's degree in as few as 3 years from DeVry University. Apply online — today.

Get Started with Tuition Assistance

Tips On Applying for TA

How to Send Your Completed TA Voucher

How to Order Military Transcripts

Get Started with Tuition Assistance

Please contact your Education Service Officer for guidance on applying for TA.

Tips On Applying for TA
  • You must secure a statement of fees notice from your military admissions advisor prior to submitting your TA request. The statement of fees notice outlines your start/ending dates, course cost, total credits and out-of-pocket expenses.
  • Students taking more than one course can submit one TA form if all their courses have the same start date.
  • Proper signatures from your Education Services Officer (ESO) and Command Representative are required, as is your signature.

To learn more about your Tuition Assistance "Top-Up" benefits, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs web site.

How to Send Your Completed TA Voucher

DeVry University Online Students: Email your completed TA voucher (CGI-1560) to your advisor prior to your course start date or fax it to Military Finance at 630-572-1172 after your course has started.

DeVry University Campus Students: Please contact your campus advisor for additional details on faxing your TA voucher.

Please do not send the Application for Tuition Assistance; this is not the approved form.

How to Order Military Transcripts

If you have military education and training you'd like to have evaluated for potential transfer credit, you'll need to secure an official transcript. Visit the Joint Services Transcript (JST) web site for instructions on how to do this.

Please contact your admissions advisor on where to send transcripts.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at