Classes start every 8 weeks

How to Apply

How to apply for financial aid at DeVry University.

Looking for more information on how to apply for financial aid? DeVry University makes it easy. Simply follow this 5-step checklist. Click on a step below to learn more. DeVry's FAFSA school code is 010727.

1. Meet with a DeVry Student Finance Professional


Schedule an appointment with a Student Finance professional at the campus you will be attending. Online students can call 877-496-9050 to speak with a DeVry Online Services Student Finance professional. We're here to help you make sense of the application process and secure the financial assistance you need to make college affordable.


2. Get Prepared


Review the sections below to see if you are eligible to qualify for federal financial assistance and learn how to get prepared to apply.


To qualify for federal financial assistance, you must:


  • Enroll as a degree-seeking student
  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Not be in default on a federal educational loan
  • Not owe an overpayment on a federal educational grant or loan
  • Register with Selective Service (if you are a male born on or after January 1, 1960, over 18 years of age and not currently in the armed forces)
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent 

 Determine your dependency status.


The federal government has established how dependency status is determined for federal financial aid purposes. If you are considered dependent, your parent(s) income and asset information must be included on your FAFSA. This information will be used in addition to your information to determine your eligibility. Answering "yes" to any of the following questions means you are an independent student:


  • Were you born before January 1, 1991?
  • As of today, are you married?
  • At the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program?
  • Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training?
  • Are you a veteran of the U.S. armed forces?
  • Do you have children who will receive more than half of their support from you between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015?
  • Do you have dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and who receive more than half of their support from you, now and through June 30, 2015?
  • When you were age 13 or older, were both your parents deceased, were you in foster care or were you a dependent/ward of the court?
  • Are you or were you an emancipated minor or in legal guardianship as determined by a court in your state of legal residence?
  • At any time on or after July 1, 2013, were you an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or at risk of being homeless?


3. Apply for Financial Aid


Apply for your Federal Student Aid PIN


To apply for your FSA PIN, visit: If you do not already have a PIN or forgot your PIN, visit and follow the on-screen instructions.


If you are a dependent student, both you and a parent will need a PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA.


Gather financial documents needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid:


  • Social Security Number and Driver's License (or state ID) for you and your parent(s)
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, documentation of your eligible noncitizen status

2013 Income and Tax Information


You and your parent(s) (or spouse) can access 2013 IRS tax return information to complete your 2014-2015 FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. If you are eligible, we highly recommend using the tool for several reasons. 1) It's the easiest way to provide your tax data, 2) It's the best way of ensuring that your FAFSA has accurate tax information, and 3) You won't need to provide a copy of your or your parents' tax returns if you are selected for verification.


If you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, you will need 2013 tax information to complete your 2014-2015 FAFSA. You may also need records of your parents' income (if you are a dependent student). Please use the following as a guide to help gather your documents:


  • Your 2013 federal income tax return (and your spouse's, if married)
  • Parents' 2013 federal income tax return (if you are a dependent student)
  • W-2 forms or other records of income earned
  • Records of other untaxed income received, such as welfare benefits, Social Security, military or clergy allowances
  • Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds and other investments
  • Business or farm records, if applicable

Complete the FAFSA


To complete your FAFSA online, visit: DeVry FAFSA school code is 010727. If you would like a preview of the questions you may be asked on the FAFSA you can review the 2014-2015 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet.


After completing your FAFSA, print the FAFSA Confirmation Page for your records. If you have already completed a FAFSA for another school, click on "Make a Correction to a Processed FAFSA" and add DeVry's school code - 010727


4. Meet with your Student Finance Professional


Schedule a meeting with your Student Finance professional to discuss your personalized financial plan and review your "budget worksheet".


5. Execute Your Plan!


Secure Your Loans


To secure your Federal Student Loans the U.S. Department of Education requires all borrowers to complete Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note.


Complete Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling online at Sign-in using your Federal Student Aid PIN. Once there, click on "Complete Entrance Counseling". In the School and Loan Information section, choose Illinois to find DeVry University.


Complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at Sign-in using your Federal Student Aid PIN. Once there, click on "Complete Master Promissory Note", select "Subsidized/Unsubsidized". In the School and Loan information section, choose Illinois to find DeVry University.


Setup your Student Account


Login to your online account at and navigate to "Student Account" to make your selections. Setup your Student Account by choosing "Manage Payment Plan(s)", "Sign up for Direct Deposit", and "Manage Account Authorizations".