Web Game Programming Degree Specialization
Gamification: it’s not just for gaming anymore. Even the most business-like websites have gone from static, one-dimensional pages to dynamic and interactive two- and three-dimensional websites with active avatars and animations. Learn how to create both web-based games and dynamic business web pages with a degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University with a specialization in Web Game Programming. This specialized degree program will enable you to pursue a passion for gaming while still providing a well-rounded education in web graphic design applicable to almost any industry.
With a specialization in Web Game Programming from DeVry University, you can:
- Learn the design and development of web-based games, as well as how to install, configure, and maintain game-server software with tools like ActionScript™
- Study common coding and scripting languages and become proficient in the industry-specific software programs, including HTML5, used to build today’s websites
- Learn the principles of both competitive and collaborative game play, and how to bring game logic and functionality to a variety of interactive platforms
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
Learn more about the advantages of studying Web Game Programming at DeVry University. Request more information.
All students enrolled in site-based programs will be required to take some coursework online and, for some programs and locations, a substantial portion of the program may be required to be completed online.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Web Game Programming specialization provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/education/pdfs/certification-path-individuals.pdf,visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Many Ways to Learn
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.