Undergraduate Website Development Certificate
Website developers create the user experience (UX) for responsive, interactive, and data-driven websites. If you love technology and creative problem-solving, earning an Undergraduate Certificate in Website Development from DeVry University could be the start of an exciting learning path. In as little as 3 semesters, with full-time enrollment, you can gain entry-level knowledge and skills – and prepare to sit for external industry certification exams, like the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. Certification is an industry standard of achievement.
When you earn your Undergraduate Certificate in Website Development from DeVry University, you can:
- Master key software applications in Adobe® Creative Cloud®, and learn to develop engaging user experiences by focusing on the interaction between the user and the website
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA) exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
And, continue your educational path by rolling qualifying credits into an associate degree in Web Graphic Design or a bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Design and Development.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Undergraduate Certificate in Website Development can help to provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams1.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe can be an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/education/pdfs/certification-path-individuals.pdf,visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DeVry University’s Certificate program in Website Development offers you the opportunity to build your skills and credentials at your own pace. Your credits are stackable, meaning they can be rolled into an associate or bachelor’s degree at DeVry.
- You can start by earning your undergraduate certificate. DeVry University’s Certificate program in Website Development provides entry-level knowledge and skills. At the same time, you can prepare to sit for external industry certification exams. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA) exam.
- You can earn an industry standard certification in Photoshop®, Dreamweaver®, Flash®, Illustrator®, Premiere® Pro, and InDesign® by sitting for the ACA exams.
- You can also continue your education with DeVry and apply qualifying certificate credits to an associate degree in Web Graphic Design or a bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Design and Development.
Certificate Completion Requirements