Graphic and Multimedia Design Degree Specialization
Graphic and multimedia design is all around us: Streaming video, apps, games, websites and social networks. If you’d like to create engaging and interactive online experiences that users return to again and again, a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development from DeVry University with a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design can help you develop those skills. Graphic and multimedia designers possess a combination of artistic and coding skills that marketing departments, advertising agencies and animation studios often seek.
With a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design from DeVry University, you can:
- Master visual design applications in Adobe® Creative Cloud®, understand how to design for different media types and learn to translate user needs into functionality
- Learn how to correct and enhance digital images and develop all types of graphic media including web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects
- Prepare to take the Adobe® Certified Associate (ACA)1 exam. DeVry’s curriculum is designed with concepts from the ACA exam, and you can earn an additional credential for your resume upon successful completion of the ACA exam
Discover more about the Graphic and Multimedia Design specialization from DeVry University. Request more information.
Take the Tech Path
This degree program offers the option for a tech-centric plan of study. The modern workplace is interconnected and technology-dependent. That’s why we put tech at the core of many degree programs and courses. Students in the Tech Path learn to leverage technology, connecting people, process, data and devices to solve real-world business problems.
Adobe® Certification Exams
The knowledge and skills embedded in the Graphic and Multimedia Design specialization provide students with a basis for taking external industry certification exams, including the Adobe® Certified Associate exams.
An Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification validates that you have basic, entry-level skills in digital communication, creation, and design using Adobe software. Certification by Adobe is an immediate way for you to stand out and be noticed.
The ACA exam is offered in six areas:
- Visual Communications using Adobe® Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe® Illustrator®
- Web Authoring Using Adobe® Dreamweaver®
- Video Communication Using Adobe® Premiere®
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe® InDesign®
- Interactive Media Using Adobe® Flash® Professional
1Adobe Certification Programs, Adobe.com, http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/education/pdfs/certification-path-individuals.pdf,visited January 11, 2016. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Many Ways to Learn
DeVry offers classes several different ways:
- At a DeVry campus location
- Through collaborative extended classrooms
Please note that program, courses, and extended classroom availability varies by location. Learn more about DeVry's specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design online.
Looking for Ways to Make Education More Affordable?
Tuition & Financial Aid
Learn more about opportunities that may be available to help make your degree more affordable, including merit and need-based scholarships, grants, loans and the military group tuition rate.
*The certificate and associate programs vary by course requirement. If the program length is less than 30 credit hours, the entire program must be completed at DeVry University. If the program length is between 30 to 120 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be completed at DeVry University.