Educational Technology Career Overview
With a graduate certificate in Educational Technology in hand, you'll be able to advance your career and increase your earning potential. Elementary and secondary school teachers who earn this education technolgy credential do so both to improve the quality of learning in the classroom and to prepare for more responsibility as an instructional coordinator, an educational technology trainer, or an educational technologist. To meet the demands of a changing society, these technology-oriented educational roles will be instrumental in developing new curricula.
Areas of Opportunity
When you earn your graduate certificate in educational technology from DeVry University, you'll be prepared to advance your career in both public and private school and district settings. Possible roles include:
- Instructional Coordinator: Develop instructional materials, train teachers, and assess educational programs in terms of quality and adherence to regulations and standards. Recommend and oversee the installation and implementation of new technologies into the classroom.
- Educational Technologist: Design technology-oriented staff development opportunities, and support teachers as they integrate technology into their classrooms.
- Educational Technology Trainer: Empower teachers to improve student learning in the classroom, and administrators to make positive changes in their school systems, by helping educators learn and incorporate new technologies that meet both curricular and technology standards.
DeVry University Educational Technology graduate certificate holders will be prepared to enter these growing fields by being able to:
- Integrate educational technologies into teaching methods, based on sound instructional systems design
- Master the technical skills to use technology tools
- Develop a plan to implement educational technology strategies at the district or school level
- Employ competencies when confronted with legal matters
- Search for and evaluate the best instructional technologies for the best price
- Set up an e-learning community
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.