Web Graphic Design Degree Program
Master key software applications, fundamental design principles, web content management, and animation while you earn your associate in the Web Graphic Design degree program from DeVry University. You'll also learn how to apply these skills to produce high-quality, web-enabled graphics and develop all types of graphic media including web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects. Upon completion of your web graphic design degree program, you will have created a wide array of web graphic design samples to build a full professional portfolio.
Advertising agencies, marketing firms, and in-house corporate communications departments are just a few places where you can find a web graphic design career.
Degree: Associate of Applied Science in Web Graphic Design (In Florida degree is Associate of Science in Web Graphic Design; in Minnesota degree is Associate in Applied Science in Web Graphic Design.)
Graduation Requirements: 5 full-time semesters, 67 credit hours (63 in Minnesota)
Flexible Study: Take your Web Graphic Design degree program classes via our online degree program, through a mix of online and on campus classes, or at a DeVry campus location. Please note that program and course availability varies by location.
Related Programs: You can apply qualifying credits from your associate degree in Web Graphic Design to DeVry University's bachelor's degree program in Multimedia Design and Development.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Web Graphic Design Degree
Web Graphic Design Courses
Focusing on applying design and technology concepts and skills to real-world situations, DeVry University's curriculum includes these career-enhancing web graphic design courses:
- Digital Imaging Fundamentals – Students in this course learn concepts of digital imaging, including editing, optimizing, and preparing images for web-based delivery. Topics such as color, special effects, and compression formats are examined.
- Web Design – Introducing web design principles and web content management, this course covers topics such as user interface, web page conceptualization, page structure, extensible hypertext markup language (XHTML), cascading style sheets (CSSs), WYSIWYG editors, scripting, and web accessibility standards.
- Information Design – This web graphic design course addresses principles of analyzing, explaining, and communicating instructions, ideas, and information used in integrated text and graphics. Using a collaborative approach, students study real-world examples to explore user-centered design.
- Web Animation – Focusing on design and production of animation within the constraints of web applications, this course explores file-size optimization, timing, formatting requirements, and scripting, as well as automated animation techniques and user-mediated animation.
- Instructional Design for Multimedia – In addition to developing online learning materials, students in this web graphic design course examine theory and practice of designing instructional materials and systems used for interactive training and education.
From career-focused programs to our results-driven career services team, our focus is on preparing you for your chosen career. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 64% of DeVry University Web Graphic Design graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation at an average salary of $33,327.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to DeVry University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.