Graphics and Multimedia Management Degree Specialization
If you have graphic or web design experience, or even a previously earned associate degree in a graphics field, take your career one step further with a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University with a specialization in Graphics and Multimedia Management. In addition to learning multimedia standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies, you'll also develop project management competencies that will prepare you to manage multimedia projects of any size or complexity.
Follow a career track in Graphics and Multimedia Management by choosing this specialization when you earn your bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University. Upon graduation, you'll know how to correct and enhance digital images, produce high-quality, web-enabled 2D animations, and design and develop web pages and web-based applications. You'll also be prepared to manage a design team or run your own graphic design or web development company.
Learn more about the advantages of studying the Graphics and Multimedia Management specialization at DeVry University. Request more information.
Graphics and Multimedia Management Courses
When you specialize your Multimedia Design and Development degree in Graphics and Multimedia Management, your coursework may include these career-enhancing multimedia management courses:
- Marketing – In this multimedia management course, students apply principles and strategies for marketing products and services to industrial, commercial, and governmental entities. Topics include ways in which market information and product life cycle affect product and production design; forecasting techniques; interdependencies between marketing and operations functions; and selling skills.
- Internet Marketing – This course provides a review of traditional marketing strategies and demonstrates their use in building a viable online business. Emphasis is placed on coordinating Internet marketing activities with existing traditional marketing. Steps to develop a company's Internet presence are also discussed.
- Project Management – Through experiential learning in budget and timeline management, this multimedia management course enhances students' ability to function in a project leadership role. Project management software enables students to design project schedules and produce project plans using methods such as bar charts, program evaluation review technique (PERT), and critical path method (CPM).
- Advertising and Public Relations – Providing an in-depth look at the field, this course covers media relations, media buying, determining appropriate media, promotions, public relations and publicity development tools, methods for improving customer satisfaction, relationship-building strategies, and ethics in advertising and public relations.
- Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship – This multimedia management course introduces students to business functions, problem areas, decision-making techniques, and management fundamentals required for effectively managing a small business.