Graphic and Multimedia Design Degree Specialization
Creating an exciting, engaging, and interactive online experience requires a keen grasp of graphic and multimedia design, including 3D model construction, lighting, and animation. A bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development from DeVry University with a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design can help you develop all these skills. You'll learn multimedia and design standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies. In addition, you'll learn how to correct and enhance digital images and develop all types of graphic media including web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects.
Follow a career track in Graphic and Multimedia Design by choosing this specialization when you earn your bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from DeVry University. Upon graduation, you can find a career building dynamic content for web sites, online courses and training, or hand-held devices.
Learn more about the advantages of studying the Graphic and Multimedia Design degree specialization at DeVry University. Request more information.
Graphic and Multimedia Design Courses
When you specialize your Multimedia Design and Development degree in Graphic and Multimedia Design, your coursework may include these career-enhancing graphics and multimedia courses:
- Web Video Fundamentals – Focusing on the technical aspects of web video such as linking files, streaming media, and embedded video, students in this course learn to enhance web presentations through video and audio integration.
- Advanced Imaging – This multimedia and graphic design course explores advanced techniques for achieving sophisticated visual designs and imagery as well as ways to streamline workflow in large projects. Students learn to actualize designs and maximize creative capabilities through the use of software such as Illustrator, Flash, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced Illustration – Students in this project-based multimedia and graphic design course learn advanced drawing and line art techniques, including advanced vector-based illustration. Topics include blending tools, gradients, transparency, and various effects as well as web illustration and animation development using vector art and common multimedia tools in an integrated development environment.
- 3D Model Design and Construction – Focusing on design and construction of spline models suitable for ray-traced illustration, rendered video, and print, this course explores a managed approach to model construction, working from concept sketches to articulated models in demonstration projects that emphasize reusability of constructed assets.
- Animation – Employing classical animation studio techniques, this multimedia and graphic design course targets the pre-production and production phases of animation design. Students learn to synthesize elements of an animated movie into a storyboard for production and optimize animations for digital production environments.