Higher Education Leadership Concentration
With the ongoing advancement and implementation of educational initiatives, the field of higher education is rapidly changing. The industry is transitioning to a performance-based work culture in which educators and school administrators are encouraged to adopt entrepreneurial behavior and manage universities as a business. If you seek the knowledge and ability to positively influence higher education development, our Master's Degree in Education with a Higher Education Leadership Concentration can help you achieve success. You'll learn how to analyze classroom and school-wide educational needs, and evaluate major issues, proposals and reforms from professors who have experience in the field of higher learning.
Degree: Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership
Graduation Requirements: 36 semester credit-hours
Our Master's Degree Program in Education with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership may include these career-focused courses:
- Higher Education Leadership - This course examines theories of higher education leadership through contemporary cases grounded in history and practice and framed in approaches to "theories for action."
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - This course introduces the student affairs profession, from its historical and philosophical foundation, to practical aspects of organization and administration of services and programs supporting post-secondary students.
- Financial Management in Higher Education - This course introduces cash flow management and fiscal responsibility in post-secondary settings. Financial planning for long-term (capital), short-term (operational) and self-supporting (auxiliary) resource allocations are emphasized.
- Faculty Development in Higher Education - This course examines critical aspects of career-long faculty development in higher education. Topics include design and process of establishing sustainable faculty development programs across institutional types.
- Issues in Higher Education - This course introduces major themes and issues in higher education, with current practices and challenges considered from their historical and social origins.
Also consider the following graduate programs if you're interested in advancing your career opportunities in the education field.
- Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership
- Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Educational Technology Leadership
- Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Curriculum Leadership
- Master's Degree in Educational Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Curriculum Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership
Want to know more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.