Emergency Management Careers Overview
With efforts critical to homeland security, emergency management specialists are needed both within government and the private sector. For example, FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is a major employer in this field, as well as medical facilities and power suppliers.1 A bachelor's degree in Justice Administration from DeVry University with a specialization in Emergency Management can help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary for helping people, businesses, and communities avoid and better react to crisis. Your DeVry education can prepare you for the best emergency management career opportunities in the field.
Emergency management careers are found in a number of key industries, including
- Federal government, such as FEMA, which is a major employer in this field
- State and local governments
- Transportation systems
- Power generation and supply services
- Emergency and relief services
- Waste treatment and disposal
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Justice Administration from DeVry University with a specialization in Emergency Management, you'll be prepared for a variety of roles, from risk mitigation to disaster response and recovery. In an emergency management career, your professional responsibilities could include:
- Coordinating disaster response or crisis management activities
- Providing disaster preparedness training
- Preparing emergency plans and procedures for natural disasters, technological disasters, or wartime and hostage situations
- Inspecting facilities and equipment to determine their operational and functional capabilities in emergency situations
DeVry University graduates of the Justice Administration bachelor's degree program with a specialization in Emergency Management will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Emergency planning and preparedness
- Emergency response and recovery
- Hazard mitigation
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of media communication. The proof is in the numbers. For the last 5 years, DeVry University graduates have worked at 96 of the Fortune 100 companies.* In fact, each year thousands of our graduates find themselves right where they want to be-employed in their field of study.
*DeVry University graduates from October 2004 - June 2009 in the active job market. Active job market includes those employed prior to graduation. Fortune 500 ranking, 2009.