Classes start every 8 weeks

College of Liberal Arts & Sciences

Educational Leadership Concentration

The way we measure results in our schools is changing, and we need leaders who are aware of the unique demands that face education today. To help give teachers the fundamental business and policy skills that they'll need to effect change, we created our Master's Degree in Education with an Educational Leadership Concentration. You could become an even stronger leader in your education career by learning from professors who have experience in their fields.

Want to know more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.

Degree: Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership1
Graduation Requirements: 36 semester-credit hours

Career Coursework


Our Master's Degree Program in Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership may include these career-focused courses:

  • Educational Program Evaluation — Learn the theory and practice of program evaluation by considering stakeholder requirements, evaluation types and procedures and data collection approaches for balanced reporting.
  • Educational Leadership — Examine models of authority, decision-making, communications and conflict resolution and learn how to facilitate leadership to create a work climate supportive of excellence in teaching and learning.
  • School Law and Policy Issues — Become familiar with contemporary legal issues facing the education community, such as school choice, testing, funding and ethical considerations.
  • School Finance — Explore major principles of educational finance as they relate to funding American public education as well as state and national models.

To learn more about required and elective courses for our Educational Leadership Concentration, request information or see the DeVry University graduate academic catalog.

1Due to state-specific regulations, credits and degrees earned from DeVry University do not automatically qualify a person to practice certain professions or gain certification in their field. Candidates must contact the appropriate state regulatory agency for their specific area of interest.