Digital Forensics Careers Overview
Degree holders in this field will be poised to take advantage of expanded career opportunities. DeVry University's bachelor's degree in Justice Administration with a specialization in Digital Forensics can help you gain the skills, competencies, and technological expertise to employ analytic or scientific software and biological evidence kits, as well as the critical thinking and communications skills to analyze complex data and testify as an expert witness in court.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Justice Administration from DeVry University with a specialization in Digital Forensics, you'll be prepared to hold positions in the digital forensics career track such as crime scene technician, forensic scientist, evidence technician, latent print examiner, forensic specialist, and crime scene analyst. In a digital forensics career, your professional responsibilities could include:
- Collecting evidence from crime scenes using biological evidence kits, footprint lifters, and specimen collectors
- Performing tests on weapons or substances to determine significance to investigation
- Using analytical or scientific software such as DNA sequence analysis software to analyze evidence
- Preparing reports detailing findings, investigative methods, and laboratory techniques
- Testifying in court as an expert witness in areas such as ballistics, fingerprinting, handwriting, or biochemistry
DeVry University graduates of the Justice Administration bachelor's degree program with a specialization in Digital Forensics will be prepared for careers such as:
- Crime scene investigator
- Forensic examiner
- Evidence technician
- Expert witness
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of media communication. The proof is in the numbers. For the last 5 years, DeVry University graduates have worked at 96 of the Fortune 100 companies.* In fact, each year thousands of our graduates find themselves right where they want to be-employed in their field of study.
*DeVry University graduates from October 2004 - June 2009 in the active job market. Active job market includes those employed prior to graduation. Fortune 500 ranking, 2009.