College of Health Sciences
Healthcare Management Specialization
Gaining a holistic understanding of health services and acquiring strong fundamental business, analysis and management skills are at the core of this specialization's curriculum. Healthcare Management courses cover a variety of topics, based on what you'll need to know to succeed in the real world, including the specialized terminology, organizational structure, finance and policies of the healthcare system. By earning your degree, you can be prepared to be effective in a variety of healthcare management careers.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Our bachelor's degree program in Healthcare Administration with a specialization in Healthcare Management may include these career-focused courses:
- Managed Care and Health Insurance — Survey the development of health insurance products and managed-care approaches to the financing and delivery of healthcare services.
- Healthcare Policy — Learn about the political, social and economic influences on public healthcare policy in the US.
- Marketing — Become familiar with the principles and strategies for successfully marketing products and services.
- Principles of Management — Gain a foundation for understanding and applying traditional management theories in formal and informal organizational structures.
- Budgeting and Forecasting — Design and implement departmental and long-term budgets, accounting for resource expenditures based on actual processes.
- Human Resource Management — Explore techniques essential to managing corporate human resources, including resource planning, staffing and rewards, as well as developing and maintaining positions and people.
To learn more about required and elective Healthcare Management courses as well as those for the Healthcare Administration bachelor's degree program, request information or see the undergraduate academic catalog.
Also consider the following degree programs and specializations if you're interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry.
In our College of Business & Management
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or Technical Management with a specialization in Health Services Management
In our Keller Graduate School of Management
- MBA with a concentration in Health Services
- Master's in Public Administration with an emphasis in Healthcare Management
- Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management
Want to know more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.