College of Health Sciences
Healthcare Informatics Specialization
The field of Healthcare Informatics deals with health information and data related to their storage, retrieval, and optimal use for problem solving and decision making. Healthcare technology is driving the change and growth in healthcare today due to increased data and analysis needs. By earning a bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration with a specialization in Healthcare Informatics, you can acquire a thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry. This includes business skills and the technical expertise to analyze and interpret data for a more efficient, cost-effective and accessible healthcare future.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Our bachelor's degree program in Healthcare Administration with a specialization in Healthcare Informatics may include these career-focused courses:
- Health Services Information Systems — Apply technology to developing and maintaining health informatics systems, including hardware and software solutions for managing patient records, insurance and billing data.
- Health Services Finance — Examine multiple payment sources, reimbursement systems, the challenges of financial planning in healthcare and cost trends in the healthcare sector to gain an understanding of the complexities of healthcare financing in the U.S.
- Healthcare Policy — Learn about the political, social and economic influences on public healthcare policy in the U.S.
- Business Intelligence and Data Analysis (with Lab) — Learn how to design and implement a simple data system in order to organize, analyze and make business decisions based on data output.
- Project Management — Explore the life cycle of a project, gaining experience in budget and timeline management and learning how to function in a project leadership capacity.
- Basic Medical Terminology — Become familiar with the common elements that make up medical terminology, including the foundations for words that describe the human body, conditions, treatments and medications, among others.
To learn more about required and elective Healthcare Informatics courses as well as those for the Healthcare Administration bachelor's degree program, request information or see the undergraduate academic catalog.
Also consider the following degree programs and specializations if you're interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry.
In our College of Engineering & Information Sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems with a specialization in Health Information Systems
In our Keller Graduate School of Management
- Master's in Information Systems Management with a concentration in Health Information Systems Management
Want to know more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.