Web Game Programming Specialization
Pursue your passion for gaming and interactive media with a bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems with a specialization in Web Game Programming (WGP). You'll master the multimedia tools and techniques used to create web-based games, dynamic web pages, as well as training applications for consumer electronics and professional development. Upon graduation, you will have gained an understanding of CSS, database integration, site management, XML, and ActionScript—a skill set sought after by employers nationwide.
Follow a career track in Web Game Programming by choosing this specialization when you earn your bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) from DeVry University.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Web Game Programming Courses
When you specialize your Computer Information Systems degree in Web Game Programming, your coursework at DeVry University may include these career-enhancing courses:
- Interactive Web Page Scripting – Using a scripting language, students in this course design and script basic interactive web page components and web-based games. Topics include basic programming fundamentals and object handling techniques.
- Programming Multimedia for the Web – Students in this game programming course use multimedia authoring tools and techniques to create web-based games and dynamic web pages. Integrating and controlling multimedia assets such as movie clips, sound effects, images, and animations are addressed.
- Game Development – Using an object-oriented game engine with libraries, students in this course apply game design principles to develop sample games. Technical considerations and industry best practices are covered.
- Dynamic Web Site Development and Database Integration – This course introduces advanced techniques to design and develop dynamic web sites through use of cascading style sheets (CSSs), integration of databases, server-side scripting, and large site management.
- Multiplayer Online Game Development – Exploring design, development, and play characteristics of multiplayer online games, students in this game programming course install, configure, and maintain game server software; deploy a simple multimedia game using the server; and manage and audit the server. ActionScript is used to configure server functionality.