Renewable Energy Degree Specialization
Renewable energy focuses on the production, transmission and storage of sustainable energy sources such as wind, solar power, geothermal, hydropower and biomass. When you enhance your bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technology with a specialization in Renewable Energy, you’ll emerge at graduation with not only a strong engineering technology and electronics background, but also knowledge of renewable technologies and alternative power sources.
Simply put, you will be better prepared for renewable energy careers in the field of Engineering Technology where positions are increasingly being affected by green technologies and initiatives.
Choose to specialize in the Renewable Energy degree specialization and earn a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) from DeVry University.
Learn more about the advantages of studying at DeVry University. Request more information.
Prepare for A Green Future with a Renewable Energy Specialization
Renewable Energy Courses
The Electronics Engineering Technology degree program with a specialization in Renewable Energy may include these career-focused courses:
- Conservation Principles in Engineering and Technology (with Lab) - In class, you'll solve problems using fundamental engineering concepts. During the lab, you'll model systems involving alternative energy deployment, biomedical technologies, and industrial process controls.
- Environmental Economics - This renewable energy course introduces the concept of applying economic models to the environment (air, water, land.)
- Introduction to Alternative Energy Technologies (with Lab) - In this course, you'll address renewable alternative energy technologies including photovoltaics, solar thermal systems, wind power, fuel cells, hydroelectricity, the smart grid, alternative fuels, geothermal power, waste heat and biofuels.
- Power Electronics and Alternative Energy Applications (with Lab) - In this renewable energy course you'll learn about all aspects of power electronics, as well as build the power electronic circuits needed to convert power from both traditional systems and alternative energy sources such as solar and wind.
- Electric Machines and Power Systems (with Lab) - This course presents electric machines and power systems, with emphasis on renewable energy applications.
- Instrumentation for Energy Technologies (with Lab) - Students in this renewable energy course focus on applying electrical and mechanical sensors, data acquisition and logic control to energy systems.
- Technology Integration II - You'll apply and integrate the concepts of computer programming, mathematics, physics, electronics and computer engineering technology, and renewable energy learned in previous courses.
- Environmental Sociology - You'll explore environmental issues as perceived by society, including ideologies, beliefs, economic and gender-based factors that could affect finding and providing sustainable solutions to environmental problems.
- Renewable Energy: Science, Technology and Management - In this renewable energy course, you'll be introduced to the science and technology behind renewable energy technology while considering the business decisions required to invest in - and manage - systems using the technology.