Sustainability Management Degree Specialization
The world is getting greener everyday, and careers are doing the same. Enhance your bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or Technical Management by earning your Sustainability Management degree specialization and you’ll be well-equipped to balance business considerations with environmental resource issues, including ever-changing laws and regulations. You’ll emerge a true leader, effecting positive change while achieving tangible success in a quickly transitioning marketplace.
With this specialization, you'll learn about sustainable development, environmental management and more — positioning you to enter green-focused sustainability management careers that have been predicted to grow in the future: the Council of Economic Advisers cited data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing projected growth in environmentally-related occupations to be 38% more than all other occupations combined by 2016.*
Begin your sustainability education by choosing a specialization in Sustainability Management when you earn one of these bachelor's degrees from DeVry University:
Learn more about the advantages of studying Sustainability Management at DeVry University. Request more information.
Also consider an MBA with a concentration in Sustainability Management through DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management. You could find the edge you need to advance in your career.
* Executive Office of the President, Council of Economic Advisers, Jobs of the Future, July 2009, available at www.whitehouse.gov.
Sustainability Management Courses
The Business Administration, Management and Technical Management degree programs with a specialization in Sustainability Management may include these career-focused courses:
- Environmental Economics - This Sustainability Management course introduces the concept of applying economic models to the environment (air, water, land.)
- Sustainability Marketing - In this course, you'll analyze marketing functions from a sustainable practices perspective.
- Environmental Sociology - You'll explore environmental issues as perceived by society, including ideologies, beliefs, economic and gender-based factors that could affect finding and providing sustainable solutions to environmental problems.
- Renewable Energy: Science, Technology and Management - In this Sustainability Management course, you'll be introduced to the science and technology behind renewable energy technology while considering the business decisions required to invest in - and manage - systems using the technology.
- Sustainability Management and Administration - This course helps you develop skills at managing and administering an organization's commitment to long-term sustainability.
- Sustainability Operations - In this Sustainability Management course, you'll examine aspects of operations functions for their role in managing a sustainable organization.