Sales and Marketing Careers Overview
Although careers for sales and marketing professionals are expected to increase in the coming years, competition for positions will be fierce. That's why we work closely with the American Marketing Association (AMA) and top business leaders to help develop the curriculum for this program, so you can be certain the skills you gain here can serve you well in the job market. With top education credentials, a high level of creativity, and strong communication skills, you'll have the edge in a sales and marketing career. Apply those talents in such areas as Internet marketing, consumer behavior, advertising and public relations, or new product development.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a major in Sales and Marketing, you'll be prepared to manage the wide-ranging activities that will enable products or services to succeed in the marketplace. Related job titles include sales, advertising, marketing and promotion manager, and public relations and marketing research specialist. In a sales and marketing career, your professional responsibilities could include:
- Developing and managing marketing and advertising plans
- Monitoring and analyzing statistical data and market trends
- Preparing and conducting sales presentations, trade shows, and meetings
- Directing product and corporate image publicity to target audiences
Sales and marketing careers can be found a variety of settings, including:
- Real Estate
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a major in Sales and Marketing will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Sales management
- Promotion and public relations
- Marketing research
- Product management
- Internet marketing and sales
- Industrial buying
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Business & Management.
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of finance. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 90% of DeVry University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to DeVry University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.