Human Resource Management Careers Overview
Individuals who can demonstrate integrity, discretion, and fair-mindedness are a rare commodity in today's world. That's why employers all across the country are constantly searching for capable and reliable human resource management professionals. In the human resources field, you'll be providing all sorts of services that can include employee support, labor relations, employment law, training and staffing, or maintenance of an entire HR system. Your DeVry University education will equip you with knowledge about current business practices, experience with HR practices, and strong communication skills, so you'll have the foundation you need to help effectively manage a company's workforce.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a major in Human Resource Management, you'll be prepared to spearhead a wide variety of personnel issues. Your professional responsibilities could include:
- Interviewing and hiring employees
- Developing personnel policies with top management
- Managing employee benefits
- Investigating and resolving grievances
- Maintaining confidential records and personnel files
- Coordinating equipment acquisition and IT access
- Preparing new hire manuals and conducting orientation
Human resource management careers can be found nearly every industry, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government offices
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a major in Human Resource Management will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Benefits and compensation
- Employee relations
- Human resource information systems
- Training and development
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Business & Management.
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of finance. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 90% of DeVry University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to DeVry University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.