Hospitality Management Careers Overview
Use your head for business and heart for travel, food, or entertainment to succeed in a career in hospitality management. From overseeing the daily operations of hotels, restaurants, and casinos to managing a company's in-house event department, hospitality management professionals enjoy fast-paced careers in a dynamic, fast-growing industry. You can take your new skills anywhere, as hospitality services are found in nearly every community in the United States and abroad. Wherever you go, your DeVry University education in hospitality management can make you a capable professional desired by numerous employers.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a major in Hospitality Management, you'll be prepared for an exciting career in the travel and tourism industry. Known in the field as hotel, casino, and gaming managers; special events planners; and meeting and events managers, hospitality management professionals run a variety of guest services including hotel facilities, restaurants, casinos, and entertainment venues. In a hospitality management career, your professional responsibilities could include:
- Training, scheduling, and supervising staff
- Scheduling, planning, and purchasing supplies and equipment for daily use and for specific events
- Managing reservation systems
- Resolving customer problems and handling emergencies
Hospitality management careers can be found in many settings, including:
- Hotels and resorts
- Gaming and entertainment venues
- Restaurants and banquet facilities
- Cruise ships
- Healthcare organizations
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a major in Hospitality Management will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Tourism operations management
- Casino operations management
- Hotel and restaurant operations management
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Business & Management.
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of finance. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 90% of DeVry University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to DeVry University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.