Global Supply Chain Management Careers Overview
With our specialization in Global Supply Chain Management, you can gain a fundamental understanding of logistics along all stages of supply chain and operations management, as well as the diverse cultural, political and economic circumstances of foreign markets. Whether you are considering a career as a logistician or an operations research analyst, or if you are considering opportunities such as purchasing, transportation or supply chain manager, our Global Supply Chain Management specialization can give you the credentials you need to work in this growing field.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a Global Supply Chain Management specialization, your professional responsibilities might include:
- Analyzing and coordinating an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer—managing the entire life cycle of a product, which includes how a product is acquired, distributed, allocated, and delivered.
- Purchasing durable and nondurable goods and services for organizations and institutions by way of studying sales records and inventory levels of current stock, identifying foreign and domestic suppliers, and keeping up to date with changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, products and materials.
- Leveraging advanced methods of analysis to help organizations solve logistical problems and make better decisions.
- Planning, directing, or coordinating an organization's transportation activities and services.
- Directing or coordinating production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs and direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Global Supply Chain Management careers are found in a number of diverse environments including:
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a specialization in Global Supply Chain Management could be prepared for careers such as:
- Purchasing Manager
- Operations Research Analyst
- Transportation Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in business. The proof is in the numbers. One year after graduation, DeVry University graduates report earning 15% more than the median earnings reported by all bachelor's degree graduates.1
1 Based on PayScale.com study commissioned by DeVry University. Data for the study was collected in 2012 and compared reported earnings for 2010 graduates. 73,309 bachelor’s degree graduates reported earnings including 620 DeVry graduates. Self-reported information may not reflect actual earnings and may not be representative of earnings of individuals that do not supply information. Results may not be statistically significant. Comparative data includes private not-for-profit schools, private for-profit schools, and public schools.