Business Information Systems Careers Overview
Step into today's most rewarding business information systems careers developing smart solutions to business and related technology issues. Take part in finance and budgetary matters, as well as client communications and negotiations. The interpersonal skills and business management experience you'll gain at DeVry University can help open the door to many opportunities in the business information field. Working in a challenging business environment, you'll play a meaningful team role and achieve professional and financial success in a growing field.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a major in Business Information Systems, you'll be equipped to perform a broad range of duties related to virtually every sector of the economy. Professional responsibilities of these experts, also known as account managers, business analysts, executive administrators, bank loan officers, and budget analysts, include:
- Hiring and supervising support services staff
- Developing departmental plans that include goals and deadlines
- Implementing procedures to boost productivity and improve customer service.
- Managing preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts for equipment, materials, supplies, products, and services
Business information systems careers are found across all industries, including:
- Real estate
- Nonprofit organizations
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a Business Information Systems major will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Database applications
- PC hardware and software assistance and training
- Internet coordination
- Business systems analysis
- E-commerce-based applications
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Business & Management.
The DeVry University Career Advantage
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, DeVry University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of business information systems. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 90% of DeVry University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to DeVry University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.