Global Supply Chain Management Careers Overview
With our specialization in Global Supply Chain Management, you can gain a fundamental understanding of logistics along all stages of supply chain and operations management, as well as the diverse cultural, political and economic circumstances of foreign markets. Whether you are considering a career as a logistician or an operations research analyst, or if you are considering opportunities such as purchasing, transportation or supply chain manager, our Global Supply Chain Management specialization can give you the credentials you need to work in this growing field.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a Global Supply Chain Management specialization, your professional responsibilities might include:
- Analyzing and coordinating an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer—managing the entire life cycle of a product, which includes how a product is acquired, distributed, allocated, and delivered.
- Purchasing durable and nondurable goods and services for organizations and institutions by way of studying sales records and inventory levels of current stock, identifying foreign and domestic suppliers, and keeping up to date with changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, products and materials.
- Leveraging advanced methods of analysis to help organizations solve logistical problems and make better decisions.
- Planning, directing, or coordinating an organization's transportation activities and services.
- Directing or coordinating production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs and direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Global Supply Chain Management careers are found in a number of diverse environments including:
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a specialization in Global Supply Chain Management could be prepared for careers such as:
- Purchasing Manager
- Operations Research Analyst
- Transportation Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
DeVry Career Advantage
DeVry University helps prepare you to advance in your chosen career. In 2013, 90% of DeVry University graduates actively seeking employment obtained careers in their field within six months of graduation, or were already employed in their field when they graduated.
1 Based on self-reported data from bachelor’s and associate degree graduates. Does not include graduates not actively seeking employment, as determined by DeVry University Career Services, or graduates who did not report data on employment status to DeVry University Career Services.