Business Information Systems Careers Overview
Step into today's most rewarding business information systems careers developing smart solutions to business and related technology issues. Take part in finance and budgetary matters, as well as client communications and negotiations. The interpersonal skills and business management experience you'll gain at DeVry University can help open the door to many opportunities in the business information field. Working in a challenging business environment, you'll play a meaningful team role and achieve professional and financial success in a growing field.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from DeVry University with a major in Business Information Systems, you'll be equipped to perform a broad range of duties related to virtually every sector of the economy. Professional responsibilities of these experts, also known as account managers, business analysts, executive administrators, bank loan officers, and budget analysts, include:
- Hiring and supervising support services staff
- Developing departmental plans that include goals and deadlines
- Implementing procedures to boost productivity and improve customer service.
- Managing preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts for equipment, materials, supplies, products, and services
Business information systems careers are found across all industries, including:
- Real estate
- Nonprofit organizations
DeVry University graduates in Business Administration with a Business Information Systems major will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
- Database applications
- PC hardware and software assistance and training
- Internet coordination
- Business systems analysis
- E-commerce-based applications
For related career paths, see all degree programs offered by the College of Business & Management.