Chaunté Lowe

Meet Chaunté Lowe, Keller student and 2016 U.S. Olympian

By DeVry University

Four-Time Olympian, Track & Field

Education: Keller Graduate School of Management Student, Accounting & Financial Management

Sport: Track & Field – High Jump

Hometown: Riverside, CA

Chaunté Lowe is a four-time U.S. Olympian, first competing in the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004. She is a three-time World Championship medalist, winning a gold (2012), a silver (2005), and a bronze (2010) medal throughout her athletic career so far.

Chaunté is also a student at DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management where she is pursuing a master’s degree in accounting and financial management. Upon enrolling, Chaunté was immediately impressed with DeVry’s class flexibility, as well as the support from her professors and classmates.

“I’ve always had access to my instructors and they are willing to communicate with me at all hours of the day,” she said. “I was even able to go to the campus in Orlando and schedule time with another student to sit and help me with one of my projects, which was great. My student tutor had graduated from DeVry, so she had already been through the process and I thought that was really cool.”

Within weeks after the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Chaunté will be back in class pursuing her degree to prepare for her life after track and field, looking to help athletes manage their financial lives. “I want to pursue my Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation and then start a business to manage the financials and the accounting and tax information for professional athletes,” she said.

Chaunté, a DeVry sponsored athlete, is passionate about education and began teaching trigonometry at Grayson High School in Atlanta, days after returning from the 2012 Olympic Games. She lives with her husband and two daughters in Orlando, Fla.

Photo credit: Flickr/US Olympic Team