Take advantage of an affordable education.
If you are currently serving in the U.S. Navy, your college degree may never be more affordable. Tuition Assistance is available to Navy Officers, active duty Sailors, and Navy Reserve Sailors serving on continuous active duty. It is also available to Navy Reserve Sailors ordered to active duty for 120 days or more, and to Navy Reserve Officers ordered to active duty for 2 years or more.
As an eligible service member entitled to use Tuition Assistance benefits, you are eligible for the following military tuition assistance:
The maximum amount paid for Tuition Assistance:
- 100% Tuition
Not to exceed:
- $250 per Semester Credit Hour
- $4500 per Fiscal Year *
* Fiscal year credit limit for post secondary education is 16 Semester Hours, 24 Quarter Hours or 240 Clock Hours (or a combination of) per individual.
You may be eligible to transfer up to 92 credit hours of qualified military coursework and other post-secondary education credits toward your DeVry University degree program. Start your education rolling and earn your bachelor's degree in as few as 3 years from DeVry University. Apply online — at no charge — today.
Get Started with Tuition Assistance
Important Tips When Applying for Tuition Assistance
- To ensure your TA voucher is accurate, you must secure a statement of fees notice from your military admissions advisor. The statement of fees notice outlines your start/ending dates, course cost, total credits, and out of pocket expenses.
- Students taking more than one course can submit one TA form if all their courses have the same start date.
- Proper signatures from your Navy College Counselor and Command Representative are required, as well as your own signature.
To learn more about your Tuition Assistance "Top-Up" benefits, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs web site.
How to Deliver a Completed Tuition Assistance Voucher
- DeVry University Online Students: Email your completed TA voucher to your advisor prior to your course start date or fax it to Military Finance at 630-572-1172 after your course has started.
- DeVry University Campus Students: Please contact your campus advisor for additional details on submitting your TA voucher.
Please do not send the Application for Tuition Assistance; this is not the approved form.
How to Order Military Transcripts
If you have military training and experience that you would like evaluated for potential transfer credit, you'll need to secure an official transcript. Visit the Joint Services Transcript (JST) web site for instructions on how to do this.
Please contact your admissions advisor on where to send transcripts.
Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.
The MGIB-SR pays up to 36 months of benefits for degree programs, certificate or correspondence courses, cooperative training, independent study programs, apprenticeship/on-the-job training, and vocational flight training programs.
For more information, please visit GIBill.va.gov