Take advantage of an affordable education.
If you are currently serving in the Marine Corps, your college degree may never be more affordable. Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) offers financial assistance to service members who elect to pursue off-duty or voluntary education.
The maximum amount paid for Tuition Assistance:
- 100% Tuition
Not to exceed:
- $250 per Semester Credit Hour
- $4500 per Fiscal Year
By transferring credits from your military training and experience as well as other regionally accredited schools, you may earn up to 92 credits towards your bachelor's degree. Start your education rolling and earn your bachelor's degree in as few as 3 years from DeVry University. Apply online — at no charge — today.
Get Started with Tuition Assistance
First-time students must complete a TA Orientation Class PRIOR to using TA.
Marines at remote sites (non-Marine Corps installations) may access the course by visiting http://www.usmc-mccs.org. All others: Please proceed to your local base Lifelong Learning or Education Office.
Marines must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate education office, PRIOR to enrollment. Use form NETPDTC 1560.
TA for remote Marines and those assigned to other service sites is processed at Camp Lejeune for those east of the Mississippi and Camp Pendleton for those west of the Mississippi. I-I duty Marines apply through MARFORRES, New Orleans. Recruiters apply via their recruiting district or region headquarters.
Once a Marine is enrolled with TA he or she must submit a degree plan before exceeding 12 semester hours.
Important Tips When Applying for Tuition Assistance
- To ensure your TA voucher is accurate, you must secure a statement of fees notice from your military admissions advisor. The statement of fees notice outlines your start/ending dates, course cost, total credits and out of pocket expenses.
- Students taking more than one course can submit one TA form if all their courses have the same start date.
- Proper signatures from your Education Services Officer (ESO) and Command Representative are required, as well as your own signature.
To learn more about your Tuition Assistance "Top-Up" benefits, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs web site.
How to Deliver a Completed Tuition Assistance Voucher
- DeVry University Online Students: Email your completed TA voucher to your advisor prior to your course start date or fax it to Military Finance at 630-572-1172 after your course has started.
- DeVry University Campus Students: Please contact your campus advisor for additional details on faxing your TA voucher.
Please do not send the Application for Tuition Assistance; this is not the approved form.
How to Order Military Transcripts
If you have military training and experience that you would like evaluated for potential transfer credit, you'll need to secure an official transcript. Visit the Joint Services Transcript (JST) web site for instructions on how to do this.
Please contact your admissions advisor on where to send transcripts.
MARINE CORPS RESERVE
Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.
The MGIB-SR pays up to 36 months of benefits for degree programs, certificate or correspondence courses, cooperative training, independent study programs, apprenticeship/on-the-job training, and vocational flight training programs.
For more information, please visit GIBill.va.gov